Access to trusted reviews, the best Landscapers and exclusive discounts!
- Memberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
- Angie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
- Members can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
- If a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Golden Valley Landscaping Articles
Angie's List In The Press
Golden Valley Landscapers Reviews
I only wish I had before and after photos. My lawn and gardens are beautiful and I love driving home and seeing our yard, and it is also nice to receive all of the compliments. Just yesterday the company that we have been using for weed control stopped over and told my husband "WOW - whatever you're doing..... keep doing it""
Our styles were simply quite different--I was looking for something natural, woodsy, and "loose" to fit the setting and the house; he preferred more manicured, tailored, contained plantings (to the degree that I actually said "We really don't have the same vision here, do we?").
Like I said, nice enough guy, but given the fact that after he left, I was convinced he'd either disapprove of everything I chose or steer the job in a direction that didn't fit my needs/wants, I emailed a few hours later to bow out. Just not my cup of tea to work with someone I feel will "thumbs down" my choices or want to move in a different direction than I expect.
* * * Added later * * *
Having seen the provider's response, I feel even better about my decision to work with a competitor. Quite simply:
1. His claim I was resistent to tearing out "a few overgrown shrubs" is wildly inaccurate. My stated intent---and the reason I undertook this project to begin with---was to tear out every existing shrub but one (an extremely showy, healthy Smokebush, frequently complemented by neighbors). Only the 40 year old leafy trees were to be left in place.
2. As a business owner who provides quotes and custom work, I made a point of informing each bidding landscaper up front what my budget was ($15,000). In the end, it proved sufficient for the extensive work done by a competitor.
3. Given the level of unease I felt through the entire appointment, I chose not to waste the gentleman's time laboring over a design and bid I knew would not be accepted. Sadly, he sees that gesture of respect as a negative."
All Landscapers in Golden Valley, MN
Saint Paul, MN
Elk River, MN
Saint Francis, MN
Ham Lake, MN
Prior Lake, MN
Saint Paul, MN