Access to trusted reviews, the best Wood Flooring Experts and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Portland Hardwood Flooring Articles
- Showed up when they said they would. They were even an hour early on day 1.
- They were very accommodating. I called on a Friday and they wanted to come Saturday morning! No waiting around with these guys. They mean business.
- They worked VERY quickly. When they I opened the door to great
- They were very responsive to issues
- Very good about answering calls and returning calls
- Good price
- They let us pull up the carpet in order to save on labor cost. The downside was we had to pay to throw away the carpet at the recycling center, so not sure how much we REALLY saved by doing this.
- They didn't clean up very well. There were large piles of sawdust all over my walkway and driveway and they left 3 trash bags of wood and sawdust behind in the driveway. They did pick the trash bags up the next day, but only after we asked them to. There were also a few nasty permanent stains on our carpet in front of the bathroom.. looks like something was stuck to the bottom of someone's shoe when they went to use the restroom.
- They were fast, but a little sloppy. They missed a few spots with the wood filler and, as a result, there are holes and voids in the floor in certain spots. They were dropping the wood so h****** our floor as they brought it in, they set off a Carbon Monoxide detector in the basement!
- They said they would fix a squeaky spot on the floor (I told
- The air compressor they brought in damaged our existing wood floor. There was a big swirl
- They put the poly on very thick. It LOOKS like there is a thick
- Communication wasn't so great at times. They breezed in and breezed out so quickly, we had to stop them before they drove away to ask questions like "when can I walk on the floor? When can I put furniture back? what time will you be here tomorrow to put the second coat on?"
All in all, the work was good, they were quick, the price was decent, but the customer experience left a little to be desired.
customers have showered on
(by a long shot), very responsive, and hard working. The floors look beautiful.
The owner, does an estimate
and provides helpful advice on different options (What needs resanding, what
date, and not only did they work with us on that, when a blizzard prevented
them from coming in, they worked all weekend (they usually
to get the job done. Right before the project started, our dishwasher leaked
ruining floorboards. They came out immediately to replace the damaged floor
boards at an excellent price. For a mere $40 per HVAC vent, they replaced our
ugly metal vents with beautiful wood ones they had to carefully install to be flush with the
floor. They also went above and beyond the call of duty, we wanted to stain the
wood veneer design along the stair rail wall so it matched the floors, but
other companies balked because sanding the previous color would destroy the
veneer. Without telling us (or charging us), they went out and bought new veneer and cut out the
patterns and attached it to the wall in the new color. They also went out and
bought transition strips. All for an unbeatable price.
He books work far in advance so if you are thinking of hiring him do not wait too long. However, even if you have to wait, he is worth it!
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Wood Flooring Experts in Portland, MI
Owner operated. no sub contractors. cost is determined by the job. no travel charges. no...
2 employees. uses subs as needed. cost is determined by the job. no travel charges. no service...
Brand builders is a local building company with 3-4 employees at one time. we do custom home...
We offer a full scale of all outdoor improvements, from simple lawn care to complete landscape...
All quotes are free and negotiable. i work for myself but i do sub contract with other small...
5 employees. use subs for installations. cost is determined by the job. travel charges may...
Locally owned and operated, small family owned business. we have been in business for less...
Owner-operated. no subs. cost is determined by the job. travel charges may apply. service fees...
Directbuy of indianapolis is a great connection for those who prefer mid to high quality...
Full service floorcovering store from sales to installation. large showroom with all types of...
The owner has been in the flooring industry for 25 years and the manager has over 20 years in...
East Lansing, MI
Cost is determined by the job.
Finicky flooring is a professional floor covering installation company with 23 years...
5 employees. uses subs for labor. cost is determined by the job. no travel charges. no service...
I am a professional tile setter and skilled in the installation of all wood flooring. i don't...
With over 17 years of experience and hundreds of satisfied customers later, we are ready to...
Flooring america-carpet studio, directly across from okemos high school,is a locally owned...
We are a full service company working with our customers to improve their homes and lives! we...
We are a one stop shop for all home improvements and home warranty needs. we are local almost...
Home wreckers construction company is locally and opperated. we have been in business for 10...
East Lansing, MI
I have worked in the construction field for over 20 years. i am highly educated and have...
J. wrozek roofing & home imp. was established in 1994. our goal is not to be the biggest but...
Grand Ledge, MI
2-3 employees. uses subs for plumbing & electrical work. cost is determined by the job. no...
Awards: 2006 remolder of the year nominee 2005 hba staircase of remodeled homes; most dramatic...
Remodeling and tree removal
Frequent finance promotions.
East Lansing, MI
Been in the construction business for over 20 years. i work by myself to ensure proper work...
Installation of new flooring materials. these materials can be provided by leveque's...
Bullhead City, AZ
30 years of experience, i am a trained structural engineer and crews are hired on an as-needed...
Maloney carpet one is a family owned full service floorcovering store. we have been helping...
Specializing in hardwood floor refinishing, installation, repairs and dust-free sanding. free...
Installing tile for more than 20 years, i learned to do tiling very young and started my own...
Mgm restoration provides insurance damage restoration services primarily in the following...
Owner operated. no subs. cost is determined by the job. travel charges may apply. no service...
Free estimates. owner operated with one additional employee. no sub-contractors. cost...
We do all aspects of home improvements, among other things. cash, check, and money orders...
East Lansing, MI
Professional floor installation, repairs, refinishing, and cleaning by qualified employees...
Royal Oak, MI
We are a remodeling homeowner advocate. remodeling second opinion helps homeowners by stopping...
Rob's handyman service has been in business for over 10 years.
Owner operated. usually operating with 2 to 4 installers. insured.10% off purchase of...
Bj rycus. additional email: email@example.com.
Grand Rapids, MI
Standale interiors is a 60 year old employee owned company, focusing on products and services...
Tag building & remodeling is an individually owned company that takes pride in doing quality...
Eaton Rapids, MI
A full line building and remodeling company serving the mid-michigan area for over 25 years....
Our staff is factory trained and professional. we do not sub-contract. all work is performed...
Michigan based contractor. we are a genaral contractor workmans comp.
Warmzone is a national company designs and sells radiant snow removal systems for heated...
We have been in haslett for 23 years as a full service flooring dealer serving home owners,...
Over 15 years of construction experience. hardworking, trustworthy and detail oriented. yooper...
East Lansing, MI
Small company focused on customer service and craftsmanship. i do not just quote the job. when...
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Portland.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center