Access to trusted reviews, the best HVAC Contractors and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Jackson Hvac Articles
Hvac reviews in Jackson
I contacted Lammer's and two other local HVAC providers that I heard were reputable. All three responded, examining the existing system, and recommending replacement systems. I found that the systems recommended were of different sizes from one another. That was curious to me.
One company did not seem as professional as the others, so I continued with
I asked each sales representative to provide me with a written Heating/Cooling Study so that I could compare them and try to decide why the systems recommended were different sizes, and to help me decide which size system to order.
I decided on the size system I felt I needed, and requested and received new written estimates from each for the same sized system, although from different manufacturers. I decided on Lammer's, and negotiated a slightly better price from them to seal the deal. I felt I got a good value and they got the business and a fair price.
- Ask for estimates from at least three companies in writing with details of the system by make, model number, and size (BTU output, and cooling size) so that you have a
- Ask about the various types of filtering available (media filters and electronic filters) and ask for their recommendation, and the pros and cons of each, and cost for replacement.
- Ask for a heating/cooling study and a written report. That way if they recommend different systems, you will know what assumptions they made and the basis of their recommended system.
- Ask questions until you understand what they are saying and what the estimate covers, including equipment costs, all installation costs, taxes, and haul-away costs.
- Clarify whether there could be any additional costs not included in the estimate, underwhat circumstances, and how they will be charged
- If rebates or tax credits are shown on the estimate, ask about them until you are satisfied you know what they represent. Find out if they are for sure, or only paid if money is available from the governmental body, particularly state energy rebates.
- Ask if there are payment plans available.
- Ask for references of other individuals they have installed systems for in the past year that you can talk to.
- Seriously consider ordering a humidifyer as part of the system. They recommended it, but I did not include it . I later had one added by them. It's been great in making the house more comfortable in cold months.
-Ask for them to include the yearly inspections for free for 2-3 years.
- Be afaid to ask for a lower price that you feel is reasonable, but be sure it is for the exact same system and equipment and that they will not substitute
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All HVAC Contractors in Jackson, MI
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Jackson.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center