A Maryland entrepreneur wants brides to have one less worry by simplifying a common bureaucratic process
Find Top-Rated Silver Spring Wedding Planners
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Wedding Planners to Avoid
Top Rated Wedding Planners
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Over 3 million people trust Angie's List to help make the right choice
- Be informed to avoid costly mistakes
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 243 reviews for
Silver Spring Wedding Planners from people just like you.
Shop, Search and Save from anywhere!
- Offers are exclusively provided by highly rated companies
- Angie’s List members have access to exclusive discounts on local services
- Shop, schedule, and stay on top of progress from any device
- Our 30 Day Refund Guarantee means you can buy with confidence!
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Wedding Planners and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Silver Spring
Arlington couple fights for deposit, finds new venue
From full-service planning to a single consultation, learn how much it costs to hire a wedding planner.
Consider your wants and needs (and available storage) before starting a wedding registry.
Wedding Planning reviews in Silver Spring
- We signed a contract and committed half the $350 fee up front ($175). At this point, the coordinator for the service,
- Once the contract was signed, getting any details or a response from
- Lie #1 - Shortly before our wedding she informed us that she was NOT actually the person that would be officiating. She apparently has people she hires to do this despite the fact that we specifically signed the contract assuming it would be her.
- Lie #2 - The day before our wedding, we were supposed to have a rehearsal with the unknown officiant (we knew nothing about) and
- The officiant and the coordinator were not gracious in handling this situation and ultimately because of their bad attitude, having lied to use about who would be officiating, and why the rehearsal had to be early, we fired them and had to find another officiant ONE day before the ceremony.
- Lie #3 - After all of this,
- Lie #4 - A month later after never receiving money and constantly dodging phone calls (I never actually spoke to her again she lied about being willing to refund us), she claimed she had an identity theft problem and had to wait one month longer.
- Lie #5 - After one more month, she lied yet again and told us that she would not pay us back and that because I wanted to purse a refund further, her attorney would contact me shortly. I was never contacted by anyone and I'm sure there was no attorney.
We have email records to prove all of this especially after she refused to actually speak on the phone. It was as frustrating of an experience as we've ever had with a local business and we're not hard to please (I've never written a negative review in my life until now). These people were just truly awful to us.
Bottom line, I did not agree to any services. I did not agree to pay for any services. I did not sign a contract for any services.
These people should back off and rethink their business practice of deceit and manipulation. If their product is so good, they should be able to
Resolution should be their acknowledging no services were authorized or contracted for and therefore no contract.
Wedding Planners in Silver Spring, MD
Shop Local Wedding Planning Services in Silver Spring, MD
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Silver Spring.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center