Access to trusted reviews, the best Lakefront Landscapers and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Pasadena Lakefront Landscaping Articles
Lakefront Landscaping reviews in Pasadena
Key points, according to
- 's rules for construction on the lake. don't use them if your project is on Lake
- The type of seawall
The contract was signed and 50% deposit check was given on 03.25.14 - "to hold the price of the rock."
After several inquiries, on Saturday, 05.24.14 (week 8) I received a phone call out of the blue that a truck with the first load of rock would arrive in about 5 minutes. One or 2 truckloads per day of rock or dirt were delivered over a number of days..
On Tuesday, 06.04.14 (week 10) two men and a backhoe arrived (unannounced) to start the work. They worked half a day.
Work continued, 2 or 3 days a week typically for 2 to 4 hours a day, though 06.27.14 (week 13).
On Friday, 06.20.14, Mecklenburg Water Quality representatives arrived by boat and told
On Monday, 06.23.14,
The rock seawall itself appears to be well built, but there are substantial deficiencies that remain:
- The soil used to fill behind the seawall is full of chunks of rock, many as large as softballs, that would severely damage a lawnmower blade. I spent one very hot day raking the areas to try to remove the worst of the rocks before seeding, but more keep floating to the surface.
- The "finish" grading is irregular, with several areas that pond, etc. The "before" grading sloped gradually down to the seawall. Now it slopes down and then back up to the seawall.
- The soil used is of such poor quality that grass will not grow in it After 6 weeks, the grass I had planted is less than 1/2 inch high, even with daily watering. My budget is depleted for now, but I hope to be able to have a
- The north end of the seawall terminates at a beach. The seawall termination was to match that of my neighbor, which
An overriding problem with
On Thursday 08.21.14 (week 21), a representative of
I am disappointed, to put it mildly, that this project turned out so badly in view of the all-A reviews on Angie's List. I note that the last review was almost 2 years ago, so I can only suppose that Mr.
be calling them in the spring for my front yard. I usually forget to leave feedback, but they did such a terrific job, I had to make sure I followed up with a positive one. Can't recommend enough.
But I called them back to do some repairs in the meantime until I sell
real estate up north. He looked at job, we discussed, I gave the green
light. Never heard back. I've called them at least twice since and
they don't call back or show any interest in working on my seawall. I
have no idea if they do good work, but NO work is inexcusable. What's
up with that?
thought about completing a new seawall and dock for a long time and want
to let you know how glad we are to have chosen
were so many restrictions placed on construction of a seawall by the
County that at one point we worried we would not be able to put in a
seawall. The Rip-Rap wall that you put in not only looks great, is an
environmentally friendly way to protect against erosion, and I am happy
to say we no longer worry about seeing a gator under our bird feeders.
messages, I knew you would follow through. As far as the dock,
you were great and so patient to work with as I kept adding more to the
project, like the extra step and the railing on two sides so
have something to hold onto when we were out on the dock. Even the
County inspector who came out afterwards remarked on the quality of the
work and materials.
We are really happy with this investment we made to our
property. I would and do recommend you to anyone who is thinking of a
seawall or dock.
Palm Harbor, FL 24684
727 772 1599
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Lakefront Landscapers in Pasadena, MD
Severna Park, MD
Severna Park, MD
West Friendship, MD
University Park, MD
Severna Park, MD
Lutherville Timonium, MD
White Marsh, MD
Upper Marlboro, MD
Glen Burnie, MD
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Pasadena.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center