Access to trusted reviews, the best Carpet Installers and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Westfield Carpet Installation Articles
All workers were polite, no foul words flying around, no chew, smoking or butt cracks showing. Work was completed in about 7 hours. They vacuumed after install, got all closet doors on hinges with floor guides, installed transition strips to bathrooms where needed. I will recommend them if another neighbor asked me.
Here is a summary:
1. Very little communication: I paid a deposit of $10,000 and was told that I needed to paint the quarter round and someone would call me to schedule delivery. I was also told someone would call me to schedule delivery of the wood. The delivery of the quarter round was scheduled. I was sound asleep one morning when the wood arrived. No call. To add to the fun while the crew unloaded another individual walked me around my home and pointed out things I needed to do. "Here you come look at this, you need to unpack this and put it all away before Monday." My sales person told me they would arrive on day 1 around 9 am to get started. They arrived about 8:15 am.
2. Oops we forgot to protect your stuff. On day 1 they used plastic and tape to cover my kitchen appliances and cabinets. Then they began moving furniture and carrying stuff out. I left briefly to avoid the dust and pounding. When I returned they had begun tearing out ceramic tile and hadn't covered ANY of the furniture. Every stick of furniture was covered in layers of dust and dirt. My flat panel tv WAS covered. The bookshelves were not covered and were full of books and pictures, etc. I was told earlier that they would be covered and I wouldn't need to empty them because they were built ins.
3. Communication again: I was home for most of the installation, I worked in the master bedroom upstairs and left for short periods of time. The only interaction I had the entire time of the installation with
4. Oops we didn't follow instructions: The installation wasn't finished to the specification around the fireplace so the crew had to come back. Again, they just showed up. No call, just walked right in. I work at home I guess that means my time has no value since I was here.
5. The mess: It took 2 cleaning people 2, 8 hour days to wipe down all the furniture, bookshelves, picture frames, etc.
6. Careless damage: During the installation wires to my alarm system were cut. ADT had to install a new wireless system for the areas they damaged. It took them awhile to figure out what the installers had done and what they needed to do to correct it. Their appointments were delayed a week to 10 days and it took 3 different appointments to get the system finally repaired and working.
7. Free drinks: I had a case of water bottles sitting on a shelf in my garage. Each day at the end of the day I walked around and picked up all the half empty water bottles from my house. They drank the entire case. A case is only $5 at
8. Pay up: It took WEEKS for ADT to figure out what they did to my alarm system. Probably more of an ADT problem than an
In reality the installers were Hispanic men who worked hard but paid poorly. The cost for the second free room (supposedly the free one) had inflated labor costs that the workers never received.
Empire could only be contacted through an 800 telephone number. You never knew who was managing your job locally. You were forced to use a contact person in another state. Next time I will use someone locally with whom I can maintain a personal relationship and who has a vested interest in pleasing the customer.
We wanted to go with him once again for the basement carpeting. He stopped by our house with a few samples and we picked one just to get an idea about the total cost. After receiving the estimates from him in an email, we wanted to finalize and schedule the service, but using another carpet to fit our budget.
We tried to contact him multiple times over the phone, through email and using Angie's list messaging, but he has not responded. This does not seem professional.
My kitchen is now awesome! I am so happy I decided to go with
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Carpet Installers in Westfield, MA
Indian Orchard, MA
South Windsor, CT
Three Rivers, MA
Long Island City, NY
West Springfield, MA
South Windsor, CT
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Westfield.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center