Access to trusted reviews, the best HVAC Contractors and exclusive discounts!
- Memberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
- Angie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
- Members can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
- If a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Shrewsbury Hvac Articles
Angie's List In The Press
Shrewsbury HVAC Contractors Reviews
Do not use this contractor, he attempted to charge $648 for a repair that took less than an hour and actually cost $170. He also recommended replacing a 3-1/2 warrantied boiler and associated plumbing that did not need repair at a cost of $12,000. In my opinion he is not a respectable business person.
The only positive from this experience is that the women who work in his office are the nicest people and I hope that they are not aware of the unethical services that he offers.
They come at the appointed time.
Service is professional and thorough.
I'm now on the outs with
Inspected all systems involved, concluded thermostat broken.
Asked if I wanted it replaced. I asked if it was going to cost me more than the standard one, and he said no.
He left his tool bag and went outside. I thought he went out to the car to get a thermostat, turns out he left to I guess a store to get one, came back 1 hour later and installed a new one. All is working. Mechanic left about 945 am.
Was charged 296.22.
2 and 1/2 hours of labor....245.00
Fuel 25.00 (I live 3 miles from the home depot)
Called the office and spoke with
I have a problem with the following:
1. They arrived late and then they charged me for that time.
2.I was charged for 2 and 1/2 hours when in reality He was here for 1 and 1/4 hour.
3. I think they should have been more upfront and said they were going to the store and were going to add charges for fuel and time.
4. I think the manager could be more responsive to a paying customer. I don't think any business should justify their charges "because its been done for 50 years".
Technician came out for annual preventative maintenance. Technician was very professional. A/C unit had been working fine. Technician checked outdoor fan unit, and showed me that wiring had corroded and had detached from capacitor--needed new capacitor and wiring (at this point, A/C no longer operational). Technician needed to "put together pricing" to discuss options. No problem with anything at all up to this point.
After talking to home office for approximately 20 minutes, technician presented me with a list of options. Options are presented on a scale from "Platinum" option, which consisted of replacing entire system (6k-10k, I believe), down to my "Bronze" option, which was simply to get the system operational again at $500. "Gold" and "silver" options included chemical cleaning and start-up capacitor, I believe. I've experienced this before with other service providers, and I have to admit that I have a particularly bad reaction to this kind of approach--it always makes me think the technician has an incentive to upsell services, and the color-coding scale is used to confuse what the cost relates to. It may not bother others, though.
Service performed and A/C running fine. Again, only issue I have has to do with the pricing. It's enough (for me), though, that I would not use them again.
All HVAC Contractors in Shrewsbury, MA
South Weymouth, MA