Volunteers can help cities with the planting, care and maintenance of public trees.
Find Top-Rated Mansfield Tree Services
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Tree Services to Avoid
Top Rated Tree Services
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Over 3 million people trust Angie's List to help make the right choice
- Be informed to avoid costly mistakes
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 2,877 reviews for
Mansfield Tree Services from people just like you.
Shop, Search and Save from anywhere!
- Offers are exclusively provided by highly rated companies
- Angie’s List members have access to exclusive discounts on local services
- Shop, schedule, and stay on top of progress from any device
- Our 30 Day Refund Guarantee means you can buy with confidence!
Mass Bay Wildlife Management Inc
NW Pest Control Inc
Mass Bay Wildlife Management Inc
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Tree Services and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Mansfield
Consider choosing locally milled wood for your building project.
Severe winds, harsh storms and wood-boring bugs can brutally assault your trees.
Tree removal companies can provide emergency services
I would strongly suggest sending your neighbors a certified letter stating that, per your earlier conversation, you consider this tree to be a hazard due to its proximity to the power lines. Then, when and if something bad does happen, you will have a record of having informed them of it and they won't be able to say "we didn't know."
You say the county has told you it is the neighbor's problem. Did you contact the local electric company? They should care very much about the situation.
I would also recommend taking lots of pictures showing the proximity of the tree to the wires and that it is obviously dead.
Dead trees do sometimes stay vertical for a very long time, but it sounds like a tense situation for you. I understand your desire to not inflame the situation, but it doesn't sound like there is anything more you can do that won't have the potential to do so. So it becomes your responsibility to look after your own interests in the most reasonable way possible.
For my money, never ? I do a walk-around yearly in the summer (when easy to work on and before the heavy fall winds in our area) and look for trees with dead crowns, losing branches everywhere but at the crown, brown branches (evergreens) or leafless branches, leaning trees, trees with visible rot, trees with major bark loss, trees with seriously damaged or eroded away roots, etc. If none of those symptoms, then I call our 100 or so trees good for the year.
Of course, the bigger the trees and the likelihood of house damageor powerline loss (especially in winter) if there is a major branch or tree fall comes into play also. I trim and cut my own trees when needed regardless of size, so my level of confidence in being able to handle anything comes into it.
If you are worried about one or more trees, call an arborist to check them out - then I would say unless there is evidence of damage - ESPECIALLY leaning trees or major branches not leafing like the rest of the tree - I would not worry having them looked at more frequently than every 10 years or so.
Tree Service reviews in Mansfield
Tree Services in Mansfield, MA
Shop Local Tree Service Services in Mansfield, MA
- ExterminatorsNW Pest Control IncMember Price$395 $475VIEW
- ExterminatorsMass Bay Wildlife Management IncMember Price$69 $99VIEW
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Mansfield.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center