Access to trusted reviews, the best Kitchen And Bath Remodelers and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Somerset Remodeling Articles
We signed on for a new kitchen that night as everything we were looking for was included in the design, and it also came well inside our budget. From there the process took care of itself with all the communication done online. From signing off on final drawings, to progressive payments and delivery dates. A delivery and installation date was sent through with five weeks notice, allowing for plenty of time to clean out cupboards and drawers. Delivered on the date stated, the removal of old the kitchen was started the very next day and installation followed a smooth plan, all organized by a very experienced installers and a team of tradesmen. Their quality of work was second to none, and being a tradie myself, i was looking for flaws all through the process.
Even after completion of installation, m&m construction Kitchens people give a follow up call to make sure all is OK...
we are very happy with our new kitchen, thank you for such a wonderful experience.
I contacted with Keystone based on their excellent reputation on Angie's List as well as their responsiveness during the quote process. They were great through the design process and showed flexibility in cabinet design and kitchen layout. Keystone's granite counter supplier employs software that lets one move and rotate the slab cut before anything is actually sliced allowing GREAT flexibility to match the slabs with the setting and align the stone's grain as desired.
I elected to perform demolition of the old kitchen myself and Keystone and I walked through the unit to
Overall, I found that while the final completed work was of high quality, I had to exercise constant vigilance to make sure that it was done correctly and as I had requested. Much of the work Keystone completed had to be re-visited and this caused a great deal of delay:
- I had specified the position of three pendant lights. The electrical subcontractor installed them in the wrong location and their installation was never checked by Keystone. After I mentioned the incorrect installation, Keystone was able to correct the situation.
- Similarly, the position of three electrical outlets, the disposal switch and the type of two of the light switches was incorrect even given the explicit directions I had left. Keystone did not inspect their subcontractor's work and it was left to me to find these errors. Keystone did make sure all these mistakes were corrected after I noted them.
- Preparation for the installation of the over-the-
- After installation of the granite, I noted that there was no caulking to seal the granite to the counters. Keystone was able to fix this fairly quickly.
- The unit counters required about 1-1/2 slabs of granite but since I had to purchase 2 full slabs, I requested that sections of the remaining material be delivered to my unit for future use. I discussed this with the granite installer, the granite cutter and I showed Keystone where I had set aside a place for the granite to reside. After the counters had been installed, I noticed that this extra material was nowhere to be found. Eventually, these sections were located and placed where I had requested.
- While I had specified that the wood grain on the cabinet fronts should be vertical, all were fabricated by Keystone with horizontal grain and had to be re-made. Similarly most of the shelf doors were warped on delivery and also had to be remanufactured by Keystone.
- After the work was largely completed, I was shocked to receive a line-item bill for $665 for demolition. When I contested this, it was explained that this additional work had been necessary but not communicated to me. When I noted that I had NOT authorized this work and in fact could have completed the effort myself, this item was removed from the bill.
- Several punch lists (the list of items still outstanding when the work is mostly done) were generated but there was no effort to consolidate them. I had spent a few hours to create one with about 30 line items. Two Keystone reps had also been on-site and each made his own hand-written list. When the Keystone craftsman was onsite to make the final changes, none of the lists could be found. I happened to have a copy of my own list and one other had to be called in. The third list Keystone compiled was forgotten at that point.
- No written care instructions were provided initially, so I could not tell what chemicals could be used on the counters and cabinets. I requested the instructions 4 times from 4 different people at Keystone before I received them.
To be fair, each and every person at Keystone I spoke to was personable and responsive to my concerns and no additional cost to me was incurred by any of the above. My "C" rating for Keystone is based on both the lateness of their completed work and their lack of coordination which required my constant vigilance and attention.
My wife and I like
scope, timing of the project and what the exact costs would be. Her plan/estimate was less expensive then 3 prior
bids and I felt like my needs as a homeowner were addressed personally from a quality and aesthetic standpoint.
with her staff being in my home while I was away.
I communicated to
recommended a few good options and I chose white subway tiles with "shimmering alboa" accent tile in the shower
and around my sunken bathtub. To mention, my sunken tub is a dark chocolate brown from the early 80's, but with
the work performed it looks new and is absolutely beautiful! I also added a shower light, new light controls, new
faucet for the bathtub and new shower fixture (including a hand-held) for the shower and new tile in my dressing/wet
In summary, I highly recommend Flooring & Granite by
able to have my guest bath done this summer. :=)
One thing that is important to me is feeling safe. When I met
The deck is beautiful and I love sitting outside on it while my puppy plays and in the late afternoon to do some work. The backdoor has been a lifesaver and all the work is top notch! I would definitely recommend
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Kitchen And Bath Remodelers in Somerset, KY
I am randall with 1st class countertop company. we specialize in fabricating granite to meet...
(1)go to our website to view companys history , we have 2 gallerys one on home building...
Quarrier-producer of natural dimensional travertine and marble limestone collections, as...
A small family-owned company that has been serving the tri-state area for over 50 years. the...
Blue Ridge, GA
My name is robert green owner / opertor of blue ridge mtn. property perservation services we...
Kansas City, MO
Cabinet giant is the right place for your online kitchen cabinets, bathroom vanities,...
We offer a full scale of all outdoor improvements, from simple lawn care to complete landscape...
Kitchen and bathroom remodel. professional tile installation, hardwood installation, painting,...
Charlton construction strives to provide a quality product for a competitive price. we are a...
Classic copper works uses time honored german copper smith techniques handed down from father...
Counter culture plus is lexington's most personal remodeler as we provide more services under...
Craftsmen restoration was founded with the very simple principal that new business is a...
Directbuy of indianapolis is a great connection for those who prefer mid to high quality...
Serving the louisville metro and surrounding areas since 1992. father and son owned and...
We are a full service remodelingcompany. weather you need a bath remodel or an addition .we...
With over 26 years of experience the owners of edens painting & remodeling, llc will work with...
We are a full service interior design firm. we also obtain a re-sale license which allows us...
Funspace direct ky offers a full-service home remodeling solution! in business since 2001, we...
Locally owned and operated since 1998.
Our services include the full range of product technologies and installation methods,...
Mount Sterling, KY
Ceramic tile and marble installation and repair.
The geiler company has been providing prompt, professional and friendly plumbing, heating and...
Saint Louis, MO
Additional hrs - sat 9:00 am-1:00 pm.
Gutter helmet by classic is a full service remodeling company, we are known as the first, the...
Small business. residential carpentry
Hargis home improvement is a local small business that provides services to those in the...
We do most work on a per job basis instead of by the foot of cubic foot or by the hour to...
We specialize in fire and water damage restoration. we will work with insurance companies to...
We are a one stop shop for all home improvements and home warranty needs. we are local almost...
Homemade design (hmd) is america's leading online interior design service providing a...
Owens corning preferred contractor/ a plus rating with bbb/ financing with low interest rates
House doctors is the professional handyman service you can trust for all of your home...
Additional contact name - bob gray.
Stamping Ground, KY
Isaacs exterior specialist- we are fully insured,free estimates, 25 years experience, travis-...
We are safe, prompt and reliable. we always give discounts for seniors. we are professional...
We are a disabled veteran owned construction company located in liberty, kentucky....
Russell Springs, KY
We take pride in our work, & stand behind it! we try to build a one on one relationship with...
Family owned. additional phone - (859) 553-4246. additional contact names - tania orihuela,...
Low-bid home repairs offers all types of interior and exterior home improvements at affordable...
Lundy construction specializes in new construction, remodels, and repairs. we deal in property...
We offer reasonable & fare prices and a job done right the first time. we are fully insured...
West Point, KY
On the commercial side: we design, manufacture, deliver and install custom store fixtures and...
My name is jimmy miller. i am the owner of miller remodeling and painting and miller...
We are do it all contractors. we accept subcontracts from other companies. we are a service...
At mitchell construction our number one priority is customer satisfaction. we are a...
We here at moreland homes, llc offer a complete home improvement, there is no job to big or to...
Napier's constructions we do it all with many years of exp. we have skilled employee and offer...
We specialize in roofing (metal, shingles) siding, windows and any other remodeling needs.
Potter house group, inc. is a general contractor established in 2003. custom homes, new...
Royal Oak, MI
We are a remodeling homeowner advocate. remodeling second opinion helps homeowners by stopping...
Fire damage repair,pole barns,rideing arenas,insurance work proform,bobcat work,room...
The end product will be your blue prints, floor plans, notes or drawings (non-technical nor...
Summer Shade, KY
South central woodworking is run by isaac schrock, isaac was born and raised amish in medina...
In business since 1978, steve’s experience in new custom home construction and custom...
General construction, building, and remodeling
We have built custom homes in and around the somerset kentucky, lake cumberland area for over...
Does not use subs. five employees. cost determined by the job. travel charges may apply.
Top quality materials a contractor you can trust what does this mean? it means you can trust...
Warmzone is a national company designs and sells radiant snow removal systems for heated...
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Somerset.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center