Access to trusted reviews, the best Auto Transport Companies and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Crestwood Car Transport Articles
On 8/27 we exchanged emails to proceed with a slightly revised delivery destination. At that point I also asked for final confirmation from them on the revised delivery destination. I did not get a reply. On 8/28 I asked again for a confirmation. I received a reply, and they said it is fine and we would talk the following week. Up to this point things were going OK.
However the following week I never head anything from them, even though it was less 10 days from the vehicle pick up window . I called them the afternoon of Friday 9/5, as still did not hear anything from them that entire week, and left a voice mail. On 9/5 I sent an email stating due to lack of responsiveness I would not be using their service.
This was done on Friday 9/5 as I was now less than 6 business days from the pick up window and I had not had any further communication from them since 8/28, So over that time I did not see a contract from them, etc. And with 6 business days to go before pick up, still no contract or official terms from them, I needed to make alternate arrangements.
Now, on 9/16 I received an email from them saying the order for "set for pick up". Note, I still had not heard anything from them since 8/28, and they did not even reply to my voice mail or email left on 9/5. 9/16 was also the start date of the pick up window, and the email I received from them on 9/16 said "set for pick up".
For brevity I will not break-out the actions of their sub-contracted transport company from EAS ( also consider EAS to be the party I hired, and thus take ownership of the events. This is chronological, feel free to form your own opinion:
+ EAS were the third place I called, and offered the best price.
+ They were able to to meet my short timeline requirements.
- Driver did not answer any inbound calls either 24 hours before or anytime on pickup day (contrary to EAS email instructions).
- Backs of driver's arms were covered in grease, which I did not want on my upholstery.
- He over revved the engine and murdered the clutch throughout loading as if he did not drive a 12 gear manual auto transport for a living.
- He drove into the guides on the right of the wheel ramps, then over corrected and hit the guides on the left side. This created significant amount of deep scratching to my car's front on both sides, additionally taking a chunk of rubber out of the tire sidewall.
- Driver said my car was "too wide", hence his damage. My car is a common and stock/OEM
+ Driver admitted the damage was his fault, as did EAS.
- I had to make the calls to EAS during this process. I was not called proactively. This was a common theme throughout.
+ EAS asked to know what rims I had to find out replacement cost.
- EAS were fine having me call and deal with their subcontractor directly. They seemed to have no expertise or interest in helping me recover my property damage.
- I made HD video and extreme still shot closeups of the damage (and I documented the car before & during loading). I was never asked for the images of the damage I saw evident.
+ A representative promised to call back immediately the following morning.
- No one called me the following morning.
+ During transport EAS provided a specific drop-off day, very handy (pickup & dropoff usually have a 3-5 day window).
- EAS did not deliver the car on the specific drop-off day.
- I was not called to explain why the car had not been delivered nor where it was.
+ When the car did turn up, the rim damage had been fixed.
- I had not been consulted about this. The rim damage had simply been ground down.
- The damage to the tire was just left without comment.
- They took the economic option to repair damage, rather than replace parts needed to restore my car to it's pre-pickup condition. (I should note here my car was just over 2 weeks old, and was immaculate before this incident.)
- I was asked to pay the full amount for this transport service & experience.
+ The driver took a personal check, rather than requiring me to get a money order.
- EAS stated before any of this (when I hired them), that they always called their customers after delivery to review the process. This is to capture consumer feedback and "keep getting good reviews". EAS did not call.
- I then contacted EAS stating I was ready for the aforementioned debrief.
- EAS has still not called me as of 2 weeks later. As such I am posting my review.
I do not think I was unreasonable or intolerant throughout the process, though you may feel differently. Perhaps asking for replacements rather than repairs seems too much. From my point of view I had a brand new car, which was damaged, and superficial repairs do not restore it to that condition.
I suppose I am perhaps most perturbed by what I consider a failure to execute the basics of customer service: Keeping me in the dark, making me call them, not calling me back. These are mistakes which worsen customer relations dramatically and exponentially increase the amends required to ever qualm them. If they had simply done better on the communication front I would feel far less hurt and that EAS actually cared about me as a customer.
So that is my personal review of EAS. Based on the other reviews I suspect they do a super job in all cases where their subcontractor does not put them in the unfamiliar territory of dealing with
I was initially told 7 days. 7 days later I inquired via email and received no response. I went through the receipt and had to call the vendor personally who said 7-10 days. Finally, on day 11 teh vehicle arrived.
I was fine with the timing but if it is 7 days, make that happend; if 10, OK. If 11 days, state that. Or, provide a courtswey update and feedback along the way.
I began this process very early before the move--finalizing the deal in March. My furniture and I physically moved on 7/01. The window I was given began June 24th and I was prepared to rent a car in my old place for a few days, if need be, in addition to renting a car in the new place during the transition.
The window came and went with no communication. I had already planned to rent a car in California, figuring 7-10 days would be enough. Once in California, I followed up my unanswered emails with a phone call and finally caught them in the office. There were plenty of excuses, but little action. It seemed that the brokers are at the mercy of whatever drivers were available and a lot of drivers had taken off for the
NONE of these challenges were mentioned to me when I hired the service through Angie's List. Various schemes were then suggested, involving me getting the car moved to a better location. I had to hire someone to do a two-hour round trip to Roanoke to drop off the car. It was finally dropped off at my new home on
I cannot believe these folks are even in business. After I left town, I never, ever heard from
Lessons learned: 1) Move your car yourself or in your moving van (my mover doesn't do that), if possible. 2) If someone isn't communicating, assume the worst and go to Plan B immediately (which in my case meant flying back and getting the car myself.)
3) Do NOT use this broker.
I was given this company and it was the only one listed on Angies list. I communicated by email and they gave me the price of about $1050 which was about $200.00 then other companies. Also, they don't do door to door. They wanted to meet me at a mall. I would then have to find a ride home. I guess it would be the same on the other end.
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Auto Transport Companies in Crestwood, KY
Los Angeles, CA
New York, NY
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Des Plaines, IL
Sterling Heights, MI
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Crestwood.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center