Olathe Reception Halls
Reviews for Olathe Reception Halls
Negatives: multiple problems:
1. Staff rude: literally yelled at bride when 20 guests did not have seats, Told bride it was her fault and announced to guests in reception area the bride was to blame for lack of seating. Took over 1 hour to resolve by setting up more tables while guests stood around and watched. The bar area was closed during this time. The groom had to step in and requested person responsible for tables be removed from our venue, which they did. They were given a list of guests and table arrangements but did not check to see if it corresponded with the arrangement they set up. The groom's parent-table was placed in a corner, near the bar and away from the center of the rooms they had to go to dance floor area to view first dance, best man and maid of honor speeches
2. had to walk between buildings in rain without supply of umbrellas.
3. Arrangements were made for no tip jars. Bartenders set up tip jars during the cocktail hour and responded rudely to request to remove them by saying "Well, we'll just have to talk to the owner first". The tip jars were finally removed nut were set up again during the reception at the second bar. Bartenders also refused to give guest a glass of water to take her medication while the bar was closed.
4. Hot water for tea was served in containers that smelled and tasted like coffee
General comments: Eventually everything worked out and guests had a good time. I had 2 other children married in the last 3 years and hosted 3 other large events (100 to 200 guests) at other venues. There are a lot of extra charges that can add-up. The above price did not include alcohol. There can be an extra charge if items if guests show up too early, if items are not delivered within a specific timeframe (before 5pm) mid-week. The customer service skills and responses by at Kings Mill was by far the worst. Tough to get over when the bride is crying before entering the reception and no one from the staff apologized.
/> For our wedding
- Met with vendors with us prior to the wedding
- Wedding Day
- Had multiple meetings with us
- Created timelines for us
- Negotiated with a difficult vendor and saved us $500!
- Handled our final payments to vendors
- Created our wedding website (She does websites too!)