Some professional organizers and moving companies specialize in making relocating easier for seniors.
Find Top-Rated Fort Scott Moving Companies
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Moving Companies to Avoid
Top Rated Moving Companies
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Over 3 million people trust Angie's List to help make the right choice
- Be informed to avoid costly mistakes
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 163 reviews for
Fort Scott Moving Companies from people just like you.
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Moving Companies and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Fort Scott
A funny thing happened on the way to your new house...
Use this handy guide to tackle some of the key summer maintenance tasks.
Moving in D.C. isn't always a quick and simple process.
If you desire to attempt to save Dollars, offer the buyer a Discount , a % OFF the settling price to accomodate New carpet installation . Typically the carpet is replaced and floors REfinished , to present the house you are selling at the best possible appearance , not showing the wear of your stay there.
Think about IT , which house would you rather BUY ?
A home with New Flooring , or one where you see every scratche and stain left by the former Owners ?
Discount the sell price ,DO NOT Refinish the Floors at all and Sell AS IS , or refinish and install NEW CHEAP CARPET !
Moving reviews in Fort Scott
Finding a mover like
It was very apparent that the cause of the mess that was now our household goods was poor packing. There were a lot of holes, or gaps, in the load, which gave the boxes a place to shift to during transit. This caused the eventual decay of the entire load, which we finally unveiled 4 days later when the truck arrived to us in Indiana. Because of this shifting and sliding of the load, along with boxes being packed directly on special pieces of furniture, virtually all of my heirloom furniture passed down to me by my grandmothers was damaged in some way. Ironically, everything that was damaged was either packed or the loading of it was overseen by the head packer. The two men under him did a great job and nothing they packed got damaged.
Most heartbreaking was the custom A-10 made of teakwood I had given to my husband early in our marriage. He is a retired fighter pilot and the A-10 was his favorite plane he flew. This custom gift was an exact replica down to the last detail and very expensive. He was so proud of it. After explaining to the head packer how important it was to pack it carefully (which he seemed to understand perfectly), I saw upon the unloading that he packed it in a box with just a couple of pieces of paper around it. It was crushed beyond repair. Pictures are enclosed. Makes me sick to look at them still.
I was very clear with the original person I talked to when arranging the move that I wanted insurance on our load. We have moved cross country several times, so I know that things can get damaged. When advised the way to go with the move, which was the least expensive, I was NOT advised that this option could not be ensured. I did not find this out until the day before the packers came and it was too late to back things up. When I called and explained what happened with our move, this same gentlemen who advised me the route to take in arranging the move said he was sorry to hear what happened. This started what turned into being passed on from person to person to find someone who could help me file some kind of claim. When I finally did find someone to file a claim with (to the tune of a whopping 10 cents a pound- almost laughable), it was the company that drove the truck. I don't believe it is their fault. At any rate, I filled out the paperwork, sent it back, and never heard from them again.
I see there are other, positive, reviews of
1. One of the movers spoke to me like I was an idiot ALL day, BOTH days.
2. The language used by the men was HORRENDOUS! Had my two children been home, I would have been livid-it was bad enough I had to listen to it. I chalked it up to lack of education.
3. None of my furniture was wrapped in shrink wrap as promised-I have several damaged pieces.
4. The men were very forthright with their annoyance at having to move out playset.... It was part of the deal from day one.
5. The men unzipped my husband's tool bag to use several of his tools which are now missing. This includes his entire ratchet wrench set.
Moving Companies in Fort Scott, KS
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Fort Scott.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center