A big choice when remodeling a bathroom is whether to follow what's trendy or opt for tradition.
Find Top-Rated Pekin Countertop Installers
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Countertop Installers to Avoid
Top Rated Countertop Installers
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Over 3 million people trust Angie's List to help make the right choice
- Be informed to avoid costly mistakes
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Shop, Search and Save from anywhere!
- Offers are exclusively provided by highly rated companies
- Angie’s List members have access to exclusive discounts on local services
- Shop, schedule, and stay on top of progress from any device
- Our 30 Day Refund Guarantee means you can buy with confidence!
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Countertop Installers and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Instant Community AccessAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Pekin
Looking to add zest to your next remodeling project? Consider tile.
Recycled glass countertops are more eco-friendly than granite, but not all glass countertops are equal. Experts talk about the pros and cons of recycled glass countertops.ed
What questions should you ask a granite countertop company before picking a slab and paying them to put new stone counters in your kitchen or bathroom?
Artificial (quartz) is cheaper, more uniform, has fewer voids to collect dirt, and is almost as abrasion and chip resistant.
Granite is more expensive, stains and collects dirt a little easier as a rule, and is slighly more chip resistant as a rule.
For durability, I would not rate one over the other - barring a 250 lb guy hopping up on it and cracking it, either is likely to outlive you. Selection is typically based on appearance - quartz tends to be more uniform looking and does not always do a good job of simulating the veining and variations that natural stone has.
Now some of the man made stone counters rival the real granite and othe stones without the maintainence of stone. There are many of them out there and it is more a choice of looks than anything else. Corian is still a strong choice of tops today and one advantage is it can be repaired when scratched on site. If you don't mind the maintainence you can't beat the looks of real stone though unless you need a few pieces to make up the top as the graining may be hard to match up. I am impressed though at how realistic some of the man made products have become. It is more an issue of what brand are available in your area. Most all are made the same way with crushed stone and basically an epoxy binder used to make the sheets.
Countertop Installers in Pekin, IN
Shop Local Countertop Installation Services in Pekin, IN
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Pekin.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center