Access to trusted reviews, the best General Contractors and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Fort Branch Contracting Articles
One window that was placed ended up being crooked, so it had to be balanced and masked to seem straight to the naked eye.
Provider never followed through with a requested storm door, one which to this day has not been mentioned. Sliding door still stick, and when the provider returned he blamed it on the house shifting, which was totally untrue. Provider took measurements again and stated they'd return to install new doors that would fit better (paid for by me), however after 2 weeks of not getting the numbers requested for cost, he stated that he tried to call and text but never received a call back. This is false due to the fact that we have an answering machine and also receive all of our text messages.
After texting and asking again for numbers, the provider, Bill, stated that he'd get them to me..........forward 12 hours later I texted Bill stating that we'll get our fix elsewhere.
2) Waterproof vinyl covering on sill on left-hand side.
3) New sill in screened area entrance was installed at an angle leaving open ends exposing rotting wood. An unsuccessful attempt was made to fill in the space on left side, with two pieces of wood.
4) A diagonal support beam in the left-hand side of the garage was ripped down when installing sill and pushed to the side where it hangs unattached from the ceiling.
5) Sills are covered with waterproofed plastic so I cannot ascertain the condition of the new wood sills elsewhere.
6) The outside sill was cut wrong, and the riser, which doesn't touch the pavement on one side is jammed at an angle over the rotten wood beneath leaving gaps on either side exposing rotted wood.
8) The stapled screen came undone in approximately a week.
7) Instead of replacing the badly worn back garage door, as I'd requested, it was patched together with screwed-in right-angle braces.
There was a breakdown in communication and lack of professionalism from the beginning to the end of the project. A month passed before I was able to get a commitment for the work to be started. When
I didn't want to write this review, and hesitated for some time. I called
Nice guy, we had a great chat, and he seemed very interested. He said that the first step would be to have his architect out to create a plan, which of course I would pay for, and then he would bid it from there. Great. I knew that was the first step all along, but I wanted an architect referred to me - I didn't want to blindly guess someone out of the phone book.
The architect never called.
well. No. He never called, and
I took my time to meet him. I took time to call him back. Simply put - he wasted my time.
I'm speaking in generalities here because of the breadth of the work, but as someone who looks at a hundred reviews before even calling a vendor, this is the real deal. If you need a painter, a carpenter, a new kitchen, a new master bath, or a whole house remodel you should at least talk to
I would highly recommend
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All General Contractors in Fort Branch, IN
Blue Lake, CA
Mount Carmel, IL
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Fort Branch.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center