Access to trusted reviews, the best Landscapers and exclusive discounts!
- Memberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
- Angie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
- Members can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
- If a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Plainfield Landscaping Articles
Angie's List In The Press
Plainfield Landscapers Reviews
Unfortunately I played a bit of phone tag with the office before getting an estimate set up, which was a little frustrating, but overall worth it.
All told, we received an estimate for a one-time mow, edging, cutting down a diseased tree (not pulling up the stump), trimming all bushes, cleaning up the dead elements of perennials, uprooting the garden and one foundation bed along the back, and a full weeding. It would have easily taken us a whole Saturday just to deal with the garden. The total came out to $805, which we felt was reasonable considering all of the large-scale removal.
The mowing and edging was done the next day. The rest of the work was done within a week. It looks FANTASTIC - everything he indicated they'd do was done, and the entire property looks fresh and clean. Our goal was to get everything cleaned up before winter, and then in spring we can make decisions on whether we want to replace anything, and it is certainly set for that! We would absolutely hire them again for any landscaping needs we have!
First, the people are nice as could be...if you can get in touch with them, but are always delayed in calling back and never pick up the phone when you call the office. Their communication is ridiculously slow (if at all) and it makes working with them to resolve an issue very cumbersome and time consuming. I hired a company to do my landscaping and lawn care because I don't have the time to do it. I found myself spending more time managing their mistakes than I saved by hiring them.
I'm not sure how they train their people, but let's just say that the feet on the ground doing the work leave a lot to be desired. Below are a few examples:
1) Wrong mulch was installed - I specifically asked for dark brown mulch, but a light brown was installed. This caused them to have to come out and remove the old mulch and replace with dark mulch...taking weeks and weeks to get it done.
2) Consistently blew wet grass on my car when they were mowing, even after I called them and told them to stop doing so!
They ran their mowers through the mulch around my tress, throwing mulch in my driveway and in the lawn...and also removing the mulch from the planting bed.
3) Consistently (despite requests not to) blew grass into the mulch beds vs. into the lawn.
4) Ran mowers over the
5) When they mulched our property, the crew used the house to brace themselves, leaving dark handprints all around the siding (which is light colored).
6) During installation of the landscaping, the crew stood around and texted on their phones more than they worked...extending what should have been a 1.5 day job to 3 + days.
7) They are not knowledgeable (in my opinion and experience) about how to trim plants. They did a horrible job on trimming trees and bushes to the point where they had to replace 3 bushes in the front yard due to over-trimming. Other plants they treated continue to die.
The list of details they missed could go on and on, but suffice to say I would not recommend using this company. Again, nice people working at the company, but their ability to execute landscaping basics would cause me to stay away if I were you.
All Landscapers in Plainfield, IL
West Chicago, IL