Access to trusted reviews, the best Roofing Contractors and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Oak Park Roofing Articles
Roofing reviews in Oak Park
After the work was done, we had a couple of relatively minor complaints about the gutter work. These were promptly and professionally addressed.
The roof looks great It rained hard the next day and found no issues with water leakage.
What distinguishes them, from contractors of all sorts, is that they are very nice. If you have concerns, they clearly want to take care of them. They check in with you regularly as to how it is going, and follow up after the job is done. We had some issues with the final bill and they resolved them quickly and professionally. The hispanic crew was also very friendly and service oriented, on more than one occasion asking at the end of the day if it was ok to leave ladders set up and materials stacked here or there. Sometimes their ladders needed to rest on the neighbors yard but they took the initiative to clear this with them on the first day, so we never heard from our neighbors.
Tips for dealing with Roofmasters and roofers in general:
1. They will want to work weekends and they will work until the sun goes down and after, so it can be 12+ hours of hammering. If this bothers you, discuss it with them up front. (I understand and am sympathetic to their desire to work when the weather permits, especially given that we got a lot of rain during the time.) We settled on no work on Sundays.
2. Their contract will say underlying roof repairs will be done at $$/plywood board. In our case, for some reason the presence of an old cedar shake roof required the replacement of the entire roof. I feel that they could have ascertained this issue during the bidding process, so cover this if you feel it applies to you; however, as mentioned they resolved the problem professionally.
3. While our contract called for putting the gutters back in place, only upon the start of the work did they tell us that they really needed to be flashed for an extra charge, again which I feel could have been covered in the initial bid. Again, they resovled nicely.
Illinois Roofmasters is highly recommended!
and I played a bit of phone tag over the past week, but he was able to come out this afternoon when I got home from work. He spent about 40 minutes looking over my roof, flashing, gutters, downspouts .. everything that I had been concerned about.
In the end, there was nothing to be concerned about.
I do have some copper downspouts that need replacing, and he referred me to his 'copper guy.'
All in all,
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Roofing Contractors in Oak Park, IL
Downers Grove, IL
Mount Prospect, IL
Tinley Park, IL
Des Plaines, IL
Elk Grove Village, IL
Shop Local Roofing Services in Oak Park, IL
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Oak Park.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center