You may prefer the lived-in look, but a hole in the wall makes your home look a little too lived in. A pro tells how to repair a hole yourself and save money.
Find Top-Rated Mattoon Interior Painters
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Interior Painters to Avoid
Top Rated Interior Painters
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Only 13% of Mattoon Interior Painters are reliable
- Tardiness is the #1 complaint against Mattoon Interior Painters
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 2,917 reviews for
Mattoon Interior Painters from people just like you.
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Interior Painters and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Mattoon
Before you toss it, check the label. Some hazardous items — even batteries and ink cartridges — should be disposed safely, which doesn't mean at the curb! Why?
Brighten up your home with paint and accessories. Don't live with a beige interior design because you're scared of color. This expert gives some decor ideas.
Have you ever had a leaky roof leave a water stain on your ceiling? Has your home settled over the years and you are starting to see stress fractures and nail heads popping out of the drywall?
These are the most common problems with ceilings, and unless they are addressed, they can be quite an eyesore. If you are ready to tackle the project yourself, follow these simple tips and you will have a freshly painted ceiling in no time.
That's very difficult to answer without seeing the house. As one poster said, the prep is the most important part. On newer homes that don't have a lot of peeling paint, the prep can be very minimal even as low as a couple or a few hundred dollars for the prep labor.
On a 100 year old home with 12 coats of peeling paint on it, then the prep costs can be very high and can easily exceed 50% of the job's labor cost.
A 2100 sq ft two story home could easily cost $1000 just for the labor to prep for the paint job. That number could climb too. Throw in lots of caullking or window glazing, and you could be talking a couple or a few hundred dollars more for labor.
Painting that home with one coat of paint and a different color on the trim could run roughly $1000 or more just for labor. Add a second coat and that could cost close to another $1000 for labor.
For paint, you may need 20 gallons of paint. You can pay from $30-$70 for a gallon of good quality exterior paint. The manufacturer of the paint should be specified in any painting contract. Otherwise, the contractor could bid at a Sherwin-Williams $60 per gallon paint and then paint the house with $35 Valspar and pocket the difference. $25 dollars per gallon times 20 gallons? That's a pretty penny too.
That was the long answer to your question. The short answer is $2000 to $4000 and up, depending upon the amount of prep, the number of coats, the amount of trim, and the paint used.
Our companie's policy is to prime the area with any bonding primer. This will seal the hairspray in and not let it affect the next coat of paint. It would also be a good idea to lightly sand the area first.
Our recommendation for primer would be Zinsser's BIN Spray (red can) and can be bought at most paint stores or home improvement stores. Other than that, any thing that specifically says "bonding" for a primer should be adequate enough.
I have a couple suggestions - My first would have been to contact the paint manufacturer - whether it's sherwin williams, benjamin moore, behr, etc. to see if they would send a rep out to give their recommendation. We have done this before starting a project to get the best possible recommendation for work to be done and have found them to be very helpful in diagnosing what is currently going on and the best way to fix it.
If that doesn't work, I would call either the better business bureau or maybe the local paper if your contractor isn't willing to work through the problem with you. Also, If your contractor warrantied the work I might re-read that to see what they cover if anything.
My guess is that there will have to be some sort of dispute resolution process.
Hope this helps!
Interior Painting reviews in Mattoon
I received multiple quotes for the work to be done. While certainly not the least expensive, I was so impressed with the level of customer service and support I received through the estimate process, I hired the firm to do the work.
The team showed up on time and began the work immediately. I had opted to purchase all of the paint myself, but the estimate had included all the labor and materials.
The work they completed was absolutely gorgeous. I am so pleased with the work they performed; I will most definitely use them again when we move forward with painting the other rooms in the house.
i would highly recommend this firm to anyone.
I was not as satisfied with the second and most recent project I gave to
1) Pressure washing the exterior. This was challenging because some sections of the wall had deep mold on them, but they managed to get them all cleaned up. I also had a wall that had many from the root of a climbing plant that went deep into the stucco that they managed to clean off too.
2) They filled out all the holes and cracks using caulking and elastomeric paint. This includes some long settlement cracks and holes I made in the stucco when we boarded up the house years ago.
3) They sprayed a sealer on all the stucco walls.
4) They painted the soffits and made them look like new. My house have a vaulted ceiling, so it gets high in the middle. They were still able to do a good job with the soffits in the high areas.
5) They painted the body of the house. First they sprayed the paint and then they rolled it. This gave it a beautiful look. The back porch was also painted at this stage.
6) They painted the trim in another color that I selected.
7) They painted the garage door and the exterior of the main entry door.
8) They even repainted the house metal numbers and a badly peeling intercom terminal!
Another amazing thing is the professionalism of the team.
I am thankful I found
They tested the paint before they began work, and took precautions to minimize lead dust and debris. I did still follow up with my own
I love that this company has a handyman division. The handyman who repaired our door frame and reinstalled the screen door was very capable and worked fast. They scheduled it perfectly so that he was done with the door by the time the painters were ready to paint it.
All Interior Painters in Mattoon, IL
Lake In The Hills
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Mattoon.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center