Access to trusted reviews, the best Chimney Repair Services and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Flora Chimney Repair Articles
Chimney Repair reviews in Flora
I wish I could remember the name of the tech who showed up ( was
After a summary inspection, he proceeded to inform my wife that the chimney wasn't lined and fully explained the hazards of not having a lined chimney. My wife took note and advised me that the technician,
Armed with this information I contacted
I then called Angie's List on Friday,
1. The team didn't have the experience I was promised. When I called to tell them they were hired, I inquired about the experience of the team I would have and the guy assured me that I would have two of their most experienced people working on the project. They showed up with one very experienced person and one person who was new (in training).
2. They didn't seal one fireplace opening correctly and there was dust everywhere. They got the tiles out of the first chimney fine. However, the trainee didn't appropriately cover the firebox in the second chimney and when I walked into the Great Room as they were breaking out the tiles, there was dust (from sooty clay tiles) everywhere. The dust settled on every horizontal surface on the main floor of our home -- and the only way to remove it was to take a damp cloth over everything, My husband and I spent about 8 hours cleaning up that mess.
3. They said our chimney crowns needed additional work. We opted to have them apply Crown Coat. After a couple of weeks, the Crown Coat that they put on started to come loose from the
4. Poor follow-up. They did not complete the warranty information. I had to call and ask for it.
5. In general, sloppy work. They put the screen on one fireplace in upside-down, scratched another fireplace screen and got crown coat on the brick of one chimney (which needs acid to remove). We asked them to paint the stainless steel chimney caps black -- and they did an awful job at that.
6. Little confidence in their work. After all we had been through on this project, my husband had little confidence in the work that was done. As a result, he asked someone to come in and inspect the metal liner installation and give us his opinion on whether it was done correctly. Fortunately, the guy said it looked like the liner was installed correctly. However, he said our chimneys should have been power cleaned to take off the moss before they put on the brick sealer. Since that wasn't done...they basically sealed in the moss causing our chimney to permanently look dirty.
Needless to say, we are getting other quotes for the remaining brick work and crowns...will we not be using
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Chimney Repair Services in Flora, IL
Walnut Hill, IL
Rock Falls, IL
Downers Grove, IL
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Flora.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center