Access to trusted reviews, the best Fence Installers and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Bettendorf Fencing Articles
They arrived almost a day late and as a result they must have been in a hurry to get done. In my opinion, this haste caused them to have poor attention to detail which resulted in an unsatisfactory installation.
The contractor rarely came out himself and left all work to his minions and subcontractors.
There were problems at every step of the way, most of them resulting from inexperienced people working without supervision. ...More /> * Two crews and one independent subcontractor were involved with pouring the slab. The footings got washed out a couple times and there was a lot of re-digging of trenches. The resulting footings were a few inches off square, and used far more concrete than required. The slab was poured on a rainy day. They kinda lost control of the job. I ended out having to run to the hardware to buy visquine to keep the rain off. I was promised a light broom finished and a slightly crested slab. I got a complicated, rain-pocked slab that required treatment with a hardener.
* The first subcontractor to work on erecting the building didn't realize that there were two different types of arched pieces and mixed them up. They then beat on things to try to make them fit . . . without success. This destroyed materials. There was a delay when new materials were ordered.
* The Contractor's own crew then tried to assemble the building, but they, too, didn't realize that there were different types of arched pieces. They couldn't get past panel five of 20.
* The Contractor brought in someone with prior experience erecting arched steel buildings and construction. This guy figured out what was wrong and erected 11 of 20 panels with no problems, but then ran out of materials. This resulted in conflict between the Contractor and the arched building guy. The Contractor wanted to doc the guy's pay because the original order for replacement parts didn't correctly predict what was needed to finish the building. They didn't have formal contracts and there was and still is much disagreement about who is responsible for what.
* Another order went out for replacement materials. These are not stock items, and it took about two months for a factory run and for load consolidation in shipping. Once parts arrived, the building erection has gone fairly smoothly.
* When the building was up and things dried out it became apparent that the slab was soft and
*The erected building failed its first final inspection because the contractor's employees had opted not to install the brackets to secure the building to the foundation. The contractor explicitly billed me for the anchors to install these brackets. Further negotiation was required to get these brackets installed. This is FLORIDA, and, yes, inspectors are going to be alert to any foundation anchoring that might compromise the building's hurricane strength, especially given these are specified on the engineered plans.
Negotiating with Osprey has been unpleasant. Early in the job, the Contractor accused me of liable for telling the plumber that there had been some delays in construction so he would have to come out a few days later than originally stated. A month into the work they sent a notice saying that they had a legal right to put a
The only good thing I can say is that Osprey has been fairly responsible about fixing mistakes, though the process has cost them many thousands of dollars and wasted an enormous amount of time.
We had some problems at first but the provider fixed them until we were pleased.
Worked very hard and quite responsibly.
Would definitely use Forever fence again .
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Fence Installers in Bettendorf, IA
We do all types of work from custom chimney metal to windows and roofing! we can do any job on...
All star home services is a fully licensed and insured muscatine, iowa handyman and home...
Design & build decks & fences of all types.
Family owned and operated residential and light commercial, contracting and sub contracting...
We have 3 employee's at the moment. depending on size of job half is due upfront before work...
We offer a full scale of all outdoor improvements, from simple lawn care to complete landscape...
Need work done, or rehabs, on your home, office, motels, or rental property ? reasonable...
My philosophy is that i always treat my clients the way i would want to be treated. my...
Family owned and operated. 25+ years experience. free estimates. in some cases a small deposit...
We are a full service interior design firm. we also obtain a re-sale license which allows us...
Rock Island, IL
I am a general contractor ,we do just about everything. we do sub out electrical and plumbing....
I hire the best subcontractor when needed but work by myself most of the time. i am an...
Our business will accept some sub- contract work. we have up to 10 people working. we...
We offer free estimates. we are a licensed, bonded, and insured construction company.
Small family owned business built from word of mouth.we have 18 employees and are growing...
The main purpose of our business is to satisfy the needs of residential and commercial...
Home improvements in the house on the house or in your yard
Leffler construction is a general contractor company. we are licensed as general contractor...
We have been in business for over 35 years servicing the quad cities and surrounding areas. we...
West Haven, CT
Pet playgrounds offers professional installation services to build your dog (or dogs) a...
Billing procedures will be discussed.
Quality home remodeling is a family bussiness. we have no need to subcontract our work out...
Owner operated. cost determined by the job.
We are a general contractor we provide a unique number of things for our clients. we put the...
Construction business, 85% residential - 15% commercial, decks, all season rooms, kitchen...
Remodeling and repairs for your home or business. no repair to small.
Serving the quad city area 5 years locally owened and operated, american employees. with 15...
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Bettendorf.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center