Access to trusted reviews, the best Carpenters and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Sandy Springs Woodworking Articles
Woodworking reviews in Sandy Springs
Installation was a little trickier than he originally expected, but he stuck to the quoted price. Overall, we were very happy with the experience and we like our new door a lot.
Everyone on all of the crews (preparation, carpentry, painting, cleanup, etc) was a professional in every sense of the word, and it was easy to communicate with anyone of them. Their attention to detail was superb--not just a 'slap it on and be done' but, for example, during the painting part of the project they meticulously ensured there was no 'bleed over' onto areas that shouldn't be painted. At times this meant brush work--not just spraying.
The most important part of the project to us was preparation. This they did to the n-th degree: not only pressure washing but sanding and scraping to ensure that the paint about to be applied would 'stick'.
During the preparation phase a couple areas were discovered that required some specialized carpentry work as well as the replacement of roof decking and shingles. Because of weather--i.e., it rained a lot during the course of the project--it was not possible to get this work done during the normal work week, so the carpenters showed up on Sunday and got the work done so that the painters could do their painting on Monday without interruption.
1. there was no prior request nor agreement for us to move the furniture in advance -- which was limited and none large or heavy other than standard bed furniture. Had they made that requirement we would not have hired the vendor during the pricing walk through; we specifically confirmed that it was not a requirement due to my physical limitations at that time - the reason for hiring out the job. 2. during the walk-through pricing the job, the vendor offered to pick up the closet doors and as such was included in the pricing in the same manner as they offered to pick up a replacement trim piece for the wood flooring (again reflective of poor quality, they initially installed a completely different type of wood instead of matching the existing rosewood; one of the items we required they redo, they did so -- just another example of not having a sense of quality/doing the right thing in the initial job). 3. there was no additional work requested - in fact we had to point out areas that were encompassed in the contract that were to be done, and some that remained in the contract that were not to be done. If any "additional work" was done it was so minor it was not evident. If referring to minor painting of external trim by the front door - during the pricing it was agreed that it would be done within the contract.
4. again, there was no quality control/concern by the initial crew - as noted in the review and pictures uploaded - and for it to take 2 more return trips to redo portions of the job that they acknowledged were below the company standards - yes, that is definitely reflected in the rating. Also noted in the review - in the light of the days that followed we still found areas with significant drips in the trim and missed areas, that we did not notice during the last walkthrough. There's a point where its just not worth the hassle of having them back yet again.
5. yes, we were not at the house for a few weeks in-between - had they completed the job correctly the first time, on time, we would not have the interim period which the firm references not being able to reach us. I do appreciate the office personnel following up, however, there certainly were not over a dozen messages on our phone when we returned.
6. yes, we paid the contracted amount as agreed in the executed agreement. Had we known the vendor would have only recognized their poor work and issues reflected in the review had we asked for a discount or short paid the contract, we certainly would have been happy to do so.
-------------------------------- Significant issues with the quality of work. Firm willingly sent workmen back to redo the job. Firm's terms were pay upon acceptance of the work.
Some aspects of the carpentry work were done well such as the crown moulding cuts and installation of wider baseboard in a stairway; but trim work around the more
Generally the repainting of walls was ok; however the
Other lack of quality examples: Within bath, paint was dripped on bath tub and fixtures; repair of wall from wallpaper removal was fine in some areas, uneven in others - brush strokes in some areas of the wall instead of consistent use of roller to produce consistent texture on the wall. Red paint in one room was run over bottom of crown molding and leaving uneven line. Instead of recognizing that the hardwood flooring was prefinisihed hardwood they intiially installed a piece of oak, stating they'd try to stain it to match the existing rosewood - instead of buying a piece of the same wood. After telling them it was unacceptable they did procure a piece of prefinished rosewood that blended acceptably.
Office staff were very cordial, demonstrated customer service effort in arranging for crew to return to resolve the work quality issues multiple times; and willingly worked with delay in my schedule to be present at the house to specifically point out the issues beyond written list and pictures.
Had they not demonstrated the willingness and effort to correct the issues we would have rated the firm lower. The issues were so obvious, had they had an individual overseeing the job or reviewing the work with quality assurance in mind the outcome could have been different. Still coming across areas that have drips/not quality job in different light. Again, some aspects done well - others very poor. Took too much of our time to deal with resolving the issues. Applied a Deal coupon to the job; for the results feel I overpaid.”
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Carpenters in Sandy Springs, GA
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Sandy Springs.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center