Access to trusted reviews, the best Roofing Contractors and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Niceville Roofing Articles
Roofing reviews in Niceville
Specific Areas of Deficiency
1. Scheduling. They were supposed to start in mid-June. Then it was 'oh, well, this is running over, I have to be out of town. I need to do this and that." So they didn't start gutting until 3rd. And I do mean start. They did a partial gut, left a mess, then took several non-holiday week days off. It went down hill from there. Lack of scheduling ability created problem after problem. General contractor did not think ahead, did not attempt to schedule the next phase until a current phase was completed, did not communicate timelines or work expectations with subcontractors, did not order materials in a timely manner. A 10 day project stretched to seven weeks.
A General Contractor's main function is to coordinate the project.
2. Project Integration. If you hire out for a complete job, you expect that all those working on the job will work together. Not so with
A General Contractor should have clearly delineated tasks for all subcontractors and employees.
3. Incompetent Subcontractors. So many of the people that worked on this bathroom were lazy, unreliable, and incompetent. The drywall sub never once showed up on time, if he even showed up at all. Took him four days to patch a couple walls. The tile contractor took ten days, fourteen if you count the days he just never bothered to show up. It was at most a four day job, and over the ten days he probably did about two days worth of work. The tile contractor also measured several things wrong, substituted cheap materials in several places, mixed the grout incorrectly, and DAMAGED OR OUTRIGHT STOLE SEVERAL ITEMS FROM OUR GARAGE. The painting contractor was so busy completing work not done by others (repairing drywall, sealing grout, caulking) that the walls and doors only got one coat of paint.
The original plumber left the job before it was completed because it went so beyond schedule. The replacement was a joke that did a terrible job and was creepy to boot. And the people that did the marble were beyond terrible. Measured wrong then made everyone work around them, produced a mediocre product that is not standing up to even light use.
A General Contractor should hire competent employees and subcontractors, people who work with integrity.
4. Lack of Professionalism. There were so many instances of this. Contractor's direct employees not showing up for work. Purchasing of the wrong items then trying to get us to accept the
A General Contractor should conduct himself at all times in a professional manner.
After further work by us and people we hired to fix the problems created, the bathroom is finally okay. But it took additional money and time beyond what we paid and the already out of bounds seven weeks that this project took over our lives. I would never recommend
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Roofing Contractors in Niceville, FL
Lynn Haven, FL
Fort Walton Beach, FL
Panama City, FL
Rosemary Beach, FL
Fort Walton Beach, FL
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Niceville.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center