Contractors say homeowners with this trait are the most satisfied with home improvement projects.
Access to trusted reviews, the best Gutter Cleaners and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Marianna
Save time and money now before the winter weather makes maintaining your home more troublesome (and expensive) later.
When tree leaves and temperatures begin falling, it's a sign winter is on its way. Use this fall maintenance checklist to protect your home from winter damage.
Gutter cleaning is a necessary part of home maintenance, but it can be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. Consider the following safety tips before you clean your gutters.
Two notes #1 20 feet is going to cost you more per foot that 100 feet. #2 All prices are relative to Your market ie Omaha is less expensive than St Lious. Here expect to pay on the 100 foot job $5 to $6 per foot of gutter (5" aluminum) plus the $4 to $5 a foot for the downspouts and $15 to $20 for soffit and facsia covering ie vinyl soffit panels and painted or vinyl clad aluminum covering the fascia. In the trade a soffit & fascia job.
Jim Casper Gutter & Gutter Cover contractor in Iowa & Nebraska
ps see my website for blogs on gutters & covers
Not knowing what type of eaves (the lower edge of the roof) you had before the new soffits were intalled I have to guess what might have happened. If you had closed eves (no soffits, just rafter tails with blocking between) before as was done on some older homes it is possible they removed or drilled holes through to the attic. When this was done there should have been a baffle installed to direct the air flow up and over the insulation. This would only be possible for the soffit installer to do if the wood blocking was removed and not just had holes drilled in it. If the insulation contractor did not go all the way to the exterior wall that could very well be the cause or it he did not make sure the insulation was pushed down to make contact with the ceiling material. If the house was never cold before I would bet the problem is at the eaves. You should call the insulation company for an answer.
The ice build-up in the gutter should not, provided they are properly attached and solid, rip out the gutter.
When you get snow slides and large chunks of frozen precip that let go and slide down the roof with velocity, those are what tear off the gutters and create damage.
If you are concerned about the snow load, a snow rake and/or a proper roofer can remove some of the accumulated snow.
Some ice damming is unavoidable in the correct conditions but I would urge you to look into proper ventilation of the roof and air sealing and insulation. This will reduce your home's inclination to form these ice dams in the future.
Gutter Cleaning reviews in Marianna
1. These guys did not show up on the day they had scheduled the service and did not notify me. When I called to ask they explained that it is because of the expected rain or bad weather. While I understand their reason to re-schedule, I expected a follow-up. Then the next day again they did not show up on the promised time and when I called, they said they on their way and still estimated a wrong time for arrival. The challenge I had was that I lost a vacation day because of this lack of communication. I strongly advise that they should communicate better for re-scheduling or being late.
2. Their price was fair but they had originally quoted the estimate based on 1 day + few hrs next day worth of work. But since they missed the 2nd day, they finished the job within 6 hrs or so. I still paif the full price. Not sure if the price should have been reduced given that it took much less time than what the original quote was based on.
I must mention the really good things about their service too. They were fast, professional. The guy sent me a pic via text as soon as they installed. So, overall for what I needed, I think the gutters look great. I am yet to see the functioning capability when the snow arrives.
In addition, upon my seeing a water stain on the ceiling of our garage which I brought to the attention of this contractor, he took it upon himself to see if this might be caused by a roof leak. To do this, he took my garden hose and went up on the roof and sprayed it. In doing so, he was able to assure us that the stain I saw in the garage was not as a result of a water leak from the roof. He did not charge anything additional for doing this service.
All Gutter Cleaners in Marianna, FL
Palm Beach Gardens
Indian Rocks Beach
Shop Local Gutter Cleaning Services in Marianna, FL
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Marianna.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center