Access to trusted reviews, the best Lighting Companies and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Lighting Installation reviews in Fernandina Beach
Some other facts:
1. The contracted price did not include fixtures, tile, rugs, vanity, jet tub, vanity. Also
2. We had to bring in another contractor to correct several items & to complete the job, especially in the bathroom. This was an additional cost of $10,000. It included:
a) Framing was not in plumb & caused major problems with drywall. We had to have a tremendous amount of mud put
on the walls to try to correct the problem & the walls are still wavy
b) Floors were not poured evenly & caused all kinds of problems with tile & rugs. He promised to level it out & didn't. We had to
have 1/2 of the family room tile replaced & almost all of the tile in the bathroom. There is one area in the bedroom that we can
actually feel the dip when you walk over it even though it is covered with a high quality mat and rug.
c) Shower was so out of plumb that we could not put in a frameless shower door. There were other issues with the shower so
we decided to have the new contractor tear out the shower & redo it. We found:
1) Liner already had mold on it & it hadn't even been used yet.
2) The shut off water valves for the tub were behind the shower wall & so were useless
3) The shower seat was not framed with treated wood. The bottom frame for the door was nailed into the floor with 3 nails -
2 of which were not holding.
4) In tearing out the shower wall we found that the jet tub drains had not been filled in with cement. 1/2 of the tub was sitting on
2 pieces of hardy board. If we had not found this, the tub would have cracked & could have injured us when using it.
d) Locks on the doors were not properly aligned & had to be fixed.
In conclusion: My wife & I are in our mid 60's & this is our retirement home. We wanted to do this remodeling for the latter years of our lives. We definitely had different assumptions of the role of the contractor. We believed that since we didn't have much experience with remodeling that the contractor would give us advice/counsel on requirements, etc on the project. That didn't happen. He made many promises to us that he did not keep.
We unfortunately made the decision more with our heart than our head. He was young & building his business & he said he was a Christian & promised us that he would take care of us (#1 priority). We did check references based on Angie's list 's reviews. Still we were too trusting & should have talked more to friends who have had remodeling done.
We believe that
It took me a long time to finally decide to write a review. Everytime I would start I would get so upset and I would decide it wasn't worth it. Finally, I decided that I owed it to others who might use ALLPRO - if it is even still in existence - to share my experience as they consider using this company for their project,
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Lighting Companies in Fernandina Beach, FL
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Fernandina Beach, FL
Fleming Island, FL
Fernandina Beach, FL
Jacksonville Beach, FL
Hoffman Estates, IL
Saint Augustine, FL
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Fernandina Beach.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center