HOA supporters say rules protect home values, but some worry they wield too much power.
Find Top-Rated Middletown Property Management Companies
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Property Management Companies to Avoid
Top Rated Property Management Companies
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Over 3 million people trust Angie's List to help make the right choice
- Be informed to avoid costly mistakes
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 1,276 reviews for
Middletown Property Management Companies from people just like you.
Shop, Search and Save from anywhere!
- Offers are exclusively provided by highly rated companies
- Angie’s List members have access to exclusive discounts on local services
- Shop, schedule, and stay on top of progress from any device
- Our 30 Day Refund Guarantee means you can buy with confidence!
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Property Management Companies and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Middletown
Living in a condominium has its obvious pros and cons.
Why you should never try to fix something in an apartment.
The current housing climate requires today's home buyers to know as much as possible about appraisers, mortgage brokers and real estate agents.
Are the heat pumps Package or Split System?
Are there actually 33 PTAC units?
Are you an EPA certified person( refrigerant )?
Here is my suggestion, break it down into manageable portions(ie one heat pump and a few PTAC units every other month) to keep from being overloaded.
Check/inspect electrical wiring and connections
Check amperage draw of compressors/motors
Check capacitance of start and run capacitors
Check contractors/relays for wear/pitting
Check refrigerant levels and record superheated/subcooling
Check external static pressures across air handler(s)
Check deltaT (return and supply air temps)
Lubricate motors( if applicable)
Inspect Belts/Pulleys( if applicable)
Clean outdoor coils
Clean indoor coils
Start there and HAVE FUN!!!
Property Management reviews in Middletown
After going through the onboarding and signing the management agreements, we were assigned a leasing agent. He took pictures, put the sign in the yard and posted the listing and then...nothing for about 6 weeks. A neighbor of the property even contacted the leasing agent per the number on the sign because he was interested in moving - he never even heard back.
I was following up with the leasing agent after I learned that, and he kept calling my husband, instead of me, which was irritating, because I was the primary contact.
We finally got some activity after several follow ups and inquiries we initiated, and we got an acceptable lease offer and tenants moved in for a 16 months lease.
So, tenants move in and shortly thereafter, in February of 2014, we get an email from our property manager, alerting us that our hardwood bathroom floors are coming off the floor and that we need to fix them - AFTER the inspection at move-in recorded that the flooring was in perfect condition. Instead of investigating and going back to the tenant, they blamed us for installing hardwood floors in the bathrooms (which were professionally installed, wet-room rated, premium pre-finished floors SPECIFICALLY for bathrooms). After many back and forth emails, with property manager and owner
After we declined to pay for the floor damage done by tenants, miraculously, the floors "settled" after tenants installed a shower curtain and added a floor mat. So when tenants broke the lease and moved out, the inspection (that we were charged $130 for and that is conducted by Home Rentals contractor of record) supposedly showed no damage and tenant was released and fully refunded their deposit (with minimal communication to us during the entire process).
However, when the next tenants moved in and out after a short-term lease of 5 months (with neither move-in or out inspection recording damage - again HRS' "own" inspection company), and we put the house on the
There were so many other issues we experienced (using overpriced contractors of their own, not communicating, etc.), that I am not even bothering listing them all (even though charging us $500+ to replace 3 toilet flappers was a highlight).
In summary, this has been one of the worst experiences we had with a service company. Period. Not only did we
So if you have a choice, do pass on HRS for your property management needs and find a company that is dedicated to serving their paying customer (=Home Owners) as the #1 priority and makes communication and transparency their mission.
1. They're bad at communicating and getting things taken care of in a timely manner the tenants ended up contacting us directly to get things done. They mentioned how difficult it was to get , it was always a different rep who we had not previously worked with, no consistency.
2. The owner statements are hard to follow at times and we had to calculate every expense to make sure they weren't charging duplicate monthly management fees (this had happened a few times).
We would not recommend this company to anyone, it is definitely not worth the monthly management fees and 1st month's rent. It's SUPER easy to figure out all the rental property paperwork yourself, probably why
Property Management Companies in Middletown, DE
Shop Local Property Management Services in Middletown, DE
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Middletown.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center