Roof rats, also called citrus rats, could be living in your attic undetected. If you find roof rats, stop and call a pest control company.
Find Top-Rated Somers Exterminators
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Exterminators to Avoid
Top Rated Exterminators
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Only 66% of Somers Exterminators are reliable
- Tardiness is the #1 complaint against Somers Exterminators
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 1,097 reviews for
Somers Exterminators from people just like you.
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Exterminators and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Somers
Pests can enter your pantry via birdseed or groceries. Infestations from contaminated products can spread quickly. Learn to prevent and deal with pantry pests.
Contractors say homeowners with this trait are the most satisfied with home improvement projects.
Tips for getting rid of earwigs, in case they come inside as the temperature drops. You may see these pincher bugs in your home basement, bathrooms or kitchen.
You have a lot of questions. I will try to cover them all.
First, mice can fit through a hole the size of a dime.
Second, unlike rats, mice are very small; it would take a major infestation to generate a persistent odor as indicated.
Elimination starts by sealing the exterior foundation of the home, door sweeps, broken windows, cracks in the foundation, holes around electrical service, water faucets and dryer vents.
Secondly, food sources must be eliminated. Mice only need 1 gram of food a day and they extract water directly from the food they digest.
Next, mice infestations are more localized than people think, bait under the house might not have any effect. Heat sources like refrigerators and hot water heaters are suspect as a base of operation.
Snap traps are highly effective when used where dropping are found. Use a variety of bait, peanut butter (avoid this if children are present), brownie, fruit and even dental floss tied to the pedal (nesting material).
As for the odor, look for an enzyme based cleaner / deodorizer.
If the problem continues seek the help of a Pest Control Professional with rodent experience.
Hope that helps,
Pest Control reviews in Somers
The problem has been with some of the communication related issues such as:
1) Customer Expectation: When we were first quoted the price, we were told to expect 2 or more days to get the work done. So I took 2 PTO days from my job. I was surprised when they were finishing up after 1 day and expecting payment. One guy did come back for an our or two for a second day. They told me they added more people to the project and got it done sooner. It would have been good to have this information sooner so I could have changed my plans with my employer.
2) Communication issues:There have been many, many times when we have tried to arrange someone to do trap checks and somehow things never work out quite right. Most recently we were told someone would be here at 9:30 and, and we got a call saying they were leaving their business at 9:30 and would be at our place by 10:30 (he reminded us there was a 1 hour window after all.) He agreed to call my wife at her work so she could meet him at our house later that day. The call never came. Apparently, he was there because we found his business card sticking in our door later that night. I was expecting a call back from the office the next day with an apology and an attempt to re-schedule but one never came. I guess we will have to wait until March for our next trap check.
The reason I said I may not use this provider in the future is because I would probably shop around a bit more first. And while I do value the physical part of their work (the actual clean up and trap stuff) I also value the customer support elements around this work, and this is something that Discrete Rodent
All Exterminators in Somers, CT
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Somers.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center