Here are some of our favorite tips from highly rated service professionals over the past 20 years.
Find Top-Rated Norwich Plumbers
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Plumbers to Avoid
Top Rated Plumbers
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Over 3 million people trust Angie's List to help make the right choice
- Be informed to avoid costly mistakes
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 873 reviews for
Norwich Plumbers from people just like you.
Shop, Search and Save from anywhere!
- Offers are exclusively provided by highly rated companies
- Angie’s List members have access to exclusive discounts on local services
- Shop, schedule, and stay on top of progress from any device
- Our 30 Day Refund Guarantee means you can buy with confidence!
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Plumbers and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Norwich
It's the time of year when the winter weather can take a toll. Follow this winter maintenance checklist to protect your home, your car and your health.
Dear Angie: My shower makes a whistling noise. Why does it do this and can I make it stop? – Betty V., Phoenix
Common in commercial restrooms, touchless bathroom sink faucets are now within reach for homeowners.
Take off the lid to the tank and check inside. There should be a small hose going into a larger pipe near the middle of the tank right next to the flapper. When you flush the toilet water squirts from that hose into the pipe. If it isn't in place put it back so that water goes down that pipe once again. This is what refills your bowl. If water does not come out of the little hose check to see if it is kinked or blocked. You can take it off and blow air through it. Don't worry, it's only clean water that goes through the hose. If it is clear and water does not come out of the short pipe where it attaches on the flush valve then there is a clog in that valve and it will probably need to be replaced. These are $10-20 at any home improvement store and even Wal-Mart. The instructions are simple and you can do it yourself in about 15 minutes. Check the washer on the supply hose to the toilet while it is off to replace the flush valve. If it is old or worn replace the hose as well. It is cheap insurance of only a few dollars which is a lot cheaper than a failed hose or washer causing water to leak.
If you don't feel comfortable replacing the fill valve, if it is needed, a handyman can do it fairly cheap. Whereas a plumber or other contractor will have a minimum charge of $100-200 a handyman might do it for about $50.
Todd's Home Services
San Antonio, TX
From the sounds of it, you have a clog between the floor drain and the connection to the city sewer (unless you have a septic tank). The lower flow rates of sinks / showers / dishwashers probable don't cause a backup like the washing machine does. A couple of suggestions.
1. Snake the drain line with a spade tip snake, twisting the snake as you advance it. This should clear the partial blockage.
2. If feasable, have your washing machine discharge into a utility sink and put a strainer on the drain to catch the clothing fibre (fibres and grease from the sink probably made the clog in the first place not to mention a garbage disposal).
3. Replace your floor drain with one that has a backflow preventer (looks like there is a ping pong ball in it).
Well , you've certainly started a debate that will endure forever , but personally , having worked with both products , PEX is a better product . Now granted , the 1st time i used it
I was not impressed , cause it leaked.......NOT because the product was at fault, it was because I did not understand how to use the product !
The trick to using Pex , is to make certain that the fittings seat, they MUST be pushed together with force, and if you do not push with force to get the seat to seal, it leaks .
Therefore , when using PEX , you have constantly to be aware of leaving room to make your connections -Properly !
The beauty of PEX is that it bends , it is flexible and decreases the labor factor ,although the connection costs are often 100-300 % higher than copper , but again , it can cut labor costs in half and it is safer to work with, NO FLAMEs!
Plumber reviews in Norwich
I am a little fuzzy about the cost, but I think that with the original estimate cost the price is in the ballpark.
This company was definitely better than the first company we called, but it took several appointments to get the problem resolved. I am glad they honor their warranty as expected.
Checked Angie's List for a recommendation and rating and also the BBB.
I called AFFORDABLE and immediately spoke with a person - not an answering service or a machine.
I would not hesitate to call AFFORDABLE with future plumbing needs.
Plumbers in Norwich, CT
Shop Local Plumber Services in Norwich, CT
- ElectriciansCalkins Electric LLCMember Price$250 $250VIEW
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Norwich.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center