Access to trusted reviews, the best Bathtub Refinishers and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Unfortunately, in this arena, you may not know the result for several years. A recoated tub must be maintained much differently than a porcelain tub - and that's the homeowner's job. However, we are optimistic; this will be our third recoating of this tub, twice with a different vendor and process - and a poor result (after 2+ years. Most service providers do not make available reports from tub owners 5 years after completion of work!
We are more confident of this vendor because:
- A five year warranty is offered. Our previous provider only offered two years.
- I am personally confident of the process I saw used -- which they have not had to alter since mid '80's! I happen to have done a bit of research on industrial prep and painting of difficult services -- aluminum and suchlike -- and the process used on the tub was essentially the same. The critical steps are cleaning (and sometimes several stages of sanding); etching; a compatible priming, and a compatible cover coat (This is basically how you paint an airplane). I have used a similar process, for stuff in the weather, with good result.
- The vendor had their act together with care and cleaning recommendations, which are more demanding than [orcelain, but quite easy to make habit. They provided an appropriate cleaning materials, including Dawn dish soap, a nonabrasive anionic detergent that is easy on the surface, and a surprisingly good degreaser around the house (yes, they DO wash ducks with it after an oil spill!)
Feels like they're good folks. More in 5 years!
They were punctual, courteous, clean and very professional. I highly recommend her for the pride she takes on her work and the product they deliver.
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Bathtub Refinishers in Santa Rosa, CA
San Francisco, CA
Pleasant Hill, CA
San Jose, CA
San Leandro, CA
Walnut Creek, CA
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Santa Rosa.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center