Couples from all over the country are placing orders for fake styrofoam cakes, which are decorated with real icing and can run as little as $100.
Find Top-Rated Santa Monica Reception Halls
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Reception Halls to Avoid
Top Rated Reception Halls
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Only 5% of Santa Monica Reception Halls are reliable
- Tardiness is the #1 complaint against Santa Monica Reception Halls
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 137 reviews for
Santa Monica Reception Halls from people just like you.
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Reception Halls and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Santa Monica
Many couples view their wedding day as an opportunity to showcase each other and that means the groom get more input when it comes to decision making.
Tables and chairs are easy decisions. For other party rentals, make sure they fit your audience. A bounce house may be too much for very young children and boring for those approaching their teenage years. A karaoke set-up may be great for all ages.
Reception Hall reviews in Santa Monica
They were expensive but it was good value. ”
The videographer seemed sub-contracted, but was very professional.
Unfortunately we then spent several months trying to get the video from
He has also not refunded our money and we live in California so we're unable to follow up in person.
Negatives: multiple problems:
1. Staff rude: literally yelled at bride when 20 guests did not have seats, Told bride it was her fault and announced to guests in reception area the bride was to blame for lack of seating. Took over 1 hour to resolve by setting up more tables while guests stood around and watched. The bar area was closed during this time. The groom had to step in and requested person responsible for tables be removed from our venue, which they did. They were given a list of guests and table arrangements but did not check to see if it corresponded with the arrangement they set up. The groom's parent-table was placed in a corner, near the bar and away from the center of the rooms they had to go to dance floor area to view first dance, best man and maid of honor speeches
2. had to walk between buildings in rain without supply of umbrellas.
3. Arrangements were made for no tip jars. Bartenders set up tip jars during the cocktail hour and responded rudely to request to remove them by saying "Well, we'll just have to talk to the owner first". The tip jars were finally removed nut were set up again during the reception at the second bar. Bartenders also refused to give guest a glass of water to take her medication while the bar was closed.
4. Hot water for tea was served in containers that smelled and tasted like coffee
General comments: Eventually everything worked out and guests had a good time. I had 2 other children married in the last 3 years and hosted 3 other large events (100 to 200 guests) at other venues. There are a lot of extra charges that can add-up. The above price did not include alcohol. There can be an extra charge if items if guests show up too early, if items are not delivered within a specific timeframe (before 5pm) mid-week. The customer service skills and responses by at Kings Mill was by far the worst. Tough to get over when the bride is crying before entering the reception and no one from the staff apologized.
For our wedding
- Met with vendors with us prior to the wedding
- Wedding Day
- Had multiple meetings with us
- Created timelines for us
- Negotiated with a difficult vendor and saved us $500!
- Handled our final payments to vendors
- Created our wedding website (She does websites too!)
All Reception Halls in Santa Monica, CA
Marina Del Rey
Palos Verdes Peninsula
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Santa Monica.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center