Access to trusted reviews, the best Satellite Tv Providers and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Ontario Satellite Tv Articles
Satellite Tv reviews in Ontario
at&t offers 250GB worth of data a month for 39.00 and we are paying 80.00 for 20GB and we don't even get the full 20 because they have taken our off peak data usage from our peak usage. I am totally dissatisfied with this service.
At first I was enthused with the service because lived in a back-country area where neither off-air or internet streaming was possible. And at first (in 1992), the price seemed reasonable at under $50.00 a month.
But each year the price went up. And each year the packages changed so the good channels I wanted to watch were in separate packages. I had to purchase the entire package to get the few channels I wanted. In all I watched some 25 channels regularly, but needed to purchase over 300 to get the few I wanted. Over 9 channels of garbage, like shopping and reality shows I did not want to get the one (about one in ten) channels I DID want. And the price kept increasing. Also, they locked me into using Dish Corp decoding boxes and paying a monthly rental on them. I did procure a box myself, but they insisted that, if I used it, I still would pay their monthly rent for my own damned decoder. Now THAT is corporate arrogance beyond the
By 2011 I was paying $120.00 for TV service, but had also moved into a more urban area where off-air TV and high-speed internet service was available. The move was supposed to be cost-free, according to their advertisements, but it was as if I were buying the service for the first time, with hookup charges and all. No amount of complaining to the sales force changed a bit of that excess billing. The hit on my budget was extreme. I could cut back, but each package I dropped would eliminate those shows I wanted to watch. But, in the end, the cost got to me. The rent on set boxes was excessive and constant, and each year they increased the price.
So I bought an internet streaming devise for less than $80.00 and a TV antenna for around $50.00. I then cancelled their service.
Now I have two internet streaming services that give me 85% of those shows I used to watch, for a total cost of $15.00 a month. This month I am going to add a third, so I can get the rest of the 15% of choices, and it will add another $8.00 a month to my entertainment budget.
Service was usually good from the local equipment guys, except for the 4 hour window of service, which was inconvenient for a self-employed person.
The phone help was spotty at best. The corporate restrictions leave the sales force with no wiggle room at all and negotiations with Dish were futile. Logic did not apply to them.
The biggest problem is their stupid insistence on packaging groups of unwanted channels with those that are popular.
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Satellite Tv Providers in Ontario, CA
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Hacienda Heights, CA
Los Angeles, CA
City Of Industry, CA
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Ontario.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center