Access to trusted reviews, the best Remodeling Contractors and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Oakland Home Remodeling Articles
Home Remodeling reviews in Oakland
The job was done on time and very professionally, great job, thanks.
I would highly recommend.
Hands down the most friendly company I've ever worked with.
My one recommendation would be the same for any contractor you work with on a project- when getting a quote, you should work to get as clear a picture as possible of exactly what is included and what is not included. It might help to think through and do some research on the finishes you want (lighting, floors, doors, windows, etc) before talking to contractors. If you have to pay for an itemized quote, I'd say it's worth the trouble and expense. I was a little caught by surprise when some of what I thought I was getting wasn't allowed for in the estimate, and I had to some things myself on top of the initial estimate. Also, the job took twice as long as the estimate. I'm still a happy customer and will give him a call next time we have something we need done.
1. A piece of granite cracked and instead of replacing it, they installed in anyway and tried to
2. We accepted a change order for a larger scope on two bathrooms, but when the job was done, the price doubled without any new change in scope. To get us to accept higher price, he pulled his crew to a different job which caused delays and problems for us because our renovation funds were coming from a lender with deadlines to complete the work.
3. Painters broke a window during power washing they never fixed
4. Although we had a competing bid for patching & painting the interior for under $10,000, we paid $17,500 to patch & repaint the interior because
5. They were replacing plumbing lines & although there was plenty of budget to run pipes inside the walls, they chose to go outside telling me the walls were “too crooked” to put the pipes inside. After talking with another plumber, I found out this was BS and they were just taking a shortcut.
6. We paid $800 to sand, prime, & apply two coats of stain to cabinets. Although we weren’t here to see the work, it looks like no more than a once over with stain spray from a can.
7. His painter didn’t prep the porch properly before painting and now the porch looks like a splotchy mess. Painter denies responsibility & credit offered by contractor was negligible compared to cost to fix.
We gave him an opportunity to right the wrong and instead he ignores our calls. Maybe you can expect something different...
Overall I cannot recommend him highly enough. And I have numerous times and everyone I have sent him to has the same experiences I have had, we are all very satisfied.
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Remodeling Contractors in Oakland, CA
San Jose, CA
Los Gatos, CA
Shop Local Home Remodeling Services in Oakland, CA
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Oakland.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center