Access to trusted reviews, the best Lawn Services and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Verbena Lawn And Yard Work Articles
Estimate was substantially lower than previous contractors and I will definitely use them again. They even mulched around my ground covers and didn't just pile mulch on top.
1. our house, he was very helpful in proposing solutions to problems, and was also very good at listening to what we wanted. The proposal he came up with was the best one we received. It achieved our goals within our proposed budget. It was clear in talking with him that
2. The implementation of
3. The on-site people did a really nice job making improvements to the original plan. The adjustments were minor, but they contributed to the quality of the overall result. For example, the on-site manager proposed that we continue the curving line of our old brick walkway in the new plantings on the opposite side. Its a bit hard to describe, but it made the entire front planting flow nicely together, despite the fact that the old walkway predated the new plantings.
A. They put a small pipe under the new brick walkway before they laid it, and told us where it is. It is
B. They tilled the areas where we tore up weeds, but then they went back and raked out small twigs and roots that had been tilled up before laying the sod. That was a time-consuming process because the areas were large. They could have skimped on it, but they didn't.
C. The preparation of the paver walkway was pretty impressive. They dug deep (much deeper than I would have imagined). They laid rock and thoroughly compacted it. They poured concrete with rebar under the step, then used mortar to build up the step itself. They put little
D. Finally, we have a pre-existing brick walkway that curves in to meet the new one. They discovered that walkway dipped down into the old sidewalk and wasn't draining properly (in retrospect, it also looked kind of bad with that dip). They could have left it as it was, and I would have been none the wiser. Instead, they took up, raised, and relaid about 1/3 of the existing brick walkway to make the drainage correct, align it with the new walkway and remove the dip. That, in turn, required raising the level of the yard where the dip used to be. That, in turn, required a significant effort to extend an existing sewer vent cover in the yard. The result looked fantastic, and was clearly done with real craftsmanship and attention to detail. Its surprising, but the difference between the before and after, with the nice joint between the two walkways and the smooth slope without a dip, was the kind of detail that really made the result look great.
Overall, I was very satisfied with the end result. I was very pleased with the quality of the work, the no-hassle professionalism, and the overall appearance.
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Lawn Services in Verbena, AL
Tinley Park, IL
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Verbena.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center