Dear Angie: How much can I expect to pay to have my wood fireplace converted to gas? Our house is about 30 years old. The bottom of the fireplace looks like it's easily accessed through the basement. The conversion would involve running 30 to 50 feet of gas line. — Thomas M., Cincinnati, Ohio
Find Top-Rated Bessemer Chimney Sweeps
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Chimney Sweeps to Avoid
Top Rated Chimney Sweeps
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Over 3 million people trust Angie's List to help make the right choice
- Be informed to avoid costly mistakes
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 576 reviews for
Bessemer Chimney Sweeps from people just like you.
Shop, Search and Save from anywhere!
- Offers are exclusively provided by highly rated companies
- Angie’s List members have access to exclusive discounts on local services
- Shop, schedule, and stay on top of progress from any device
- Our 30 Day Refund Guarantee means you can buy with confidence!
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Chimney Sweeps and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Bessemer
By avoiding the busy fall season you can schedule chimney cleaning at your convenience … and maybe save some cash.
Thirty seconds is the length of most television commercials. It’s also the length of time it takes for a fire to get out of control in your home.
No, that's not Santa coming down the chimney - it's a wild animal!
Chimney Sweeping reviews in Bessemer
Gave us a written estimate to install a damper in one chimney. Gave us a date to come out and complete work. Said they had the parts. When time came he called and said he couldn't do it then because he didn't have a ladder that was tall enough and he'd have to rent one. After several calls from my husband to this company and having them tell us they'd be out soon, that they hadn't forgotten about us, they never came to do the work. The last time my husband called, they never called us back. We were told that the chimney was approximately 40 feet off the ground so they must have been too afraid to climb that high!
My husband finally gave up calling this company to come do the work they promised us they would do. So, now it's October and we don't have a damper in the chimney. We are now faced with finding another company to do the work. Hopefully, we will find one who keeps their promises.
The service was really quick and he explained everything as he went. I would def use the company again.
Chimney Sweeps in Bessemer, AL
Shop Local Chimney Sweeping Services in Bessemer, AL
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Bessemer.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center