Access to trusted reviews, the best Fireplace Contractors and exclusive discounts!
- Memberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
- Angie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
- Members can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
- If a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Tampa Fireplace Installation And Maintenance Articles
Angie's List In The Press
Tampa Fireplace Contractors Reviews
During design and picking of products, modifications of design, planning stages, they are awesome. Responsive, knowledgeable and easy to work with. They are efficient and get work done on time and quickly. They come in on budget and don't try to add a bunch of stuff or push specific products. They have a great website with lots of ideas and have some obvious experience in the field.
Workmanship is simply average. Any other description is an overstatement what we had done. Examples include:
1) A broken control panel for the hood that was installed despite being cracked
2) Thinset mess: it looked like they had a snowball fight with Thinset on my new pavers. I mean there was Thinset caked on a new paver installation (at least 80 pavers involved) and it could not be power washed off. The damage was minimized when the pavers were sealed (months later) which makes seeing that Thinset harder, but, oh my God, how about a drop cloth or something. My pool was being remodeled at the time and the pool contractors actually these guys to stop mixing Thinset on the new pavers (this is how obvious the oversight was).
3) Granite edging: they do all their own granite work and will tell you in advance that they don't radius cut any granite. These is not indoor kitchen quality granite edging/cutting and you should see some examples of their granite work before installation if you want to be prepared for the final outcome. The edging is uneven and only moderately well polished. I understand it is outdoor. I considered a granite upgrade but went with standard granite and am really happy I did not shell out extra money to have a nice piece of granite cut by them.
4) We had some Cultured Stone (manufactured stone) installed on the outdoor columns on the lanai. The stones went halfway up the column and then the column extended to the ceiling. For a couple of the stones on the top
5) The kitchen actually deviated from the plan measurements more than one would expect for a precise installation. It ended up bigger than designed which bothered my wife but didn't bother me too much (I mean they charge based on size so this was basically a free upgrade), but the deviation/lack of accuracy was typical of overall workmanship.
6) They installed some crushed granite (granite stucco) on the top of the columns and hood and this installation was sloppy enough that you could actually see the underlying material (i.e. granite stucco applied so unevenly and thin as to not cover underlying material).
While they were partially responsive to coming and fixing that list (and that's a truncated list), we were overall disappointed with the details of the workmanship. They were reasonably priced so I think we got what we paid for, but I might have in hindsight I might have looked elsewhere and saved myself some headaches. They do their own electrical, plumbing, and roofwork if installing a hood vent. They almost adamantly refuse to allow you to get subcontractors to make sure those things are up to code. This keeps cost down, but there are risks. Ultimately, I ended up doing my own TV, lighting, fan installations outside (they had offered to do them) because I was uncertain as to the quality of the installation."
The bottom line:
All Fireplace Contractors in Tampa, FL
Punta Gorda, FL
Port Richey, FL
Spring Hill, FL
Land O Lakes, FL
Pinellas Park, FL
Spring Hill, FL