Access to trusted reviews, the best Fence Installers and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Saint Paul Fencing Articles
Fencing reviews in Saint Paul
The project was supposed to begin on August 20th, but was delayed until the week of the 27th. The final issue, a latch that was installed upside down, was not resolved until October 21
This is the list of everything that went poorly with
1. One section was installed over a garden, due to the property line adjusting slightly due to a plat survey that was completed prior to the install. This section was installed over decorative stone work in the garden instead of following the slope of the land. This put it at 8.5" high on one side and 4" high on the other. When I pointed this out I met resistance but ultimately they agreed to rebuild that section.
3. A board on the back of the fence is bowed out (warped) outwards. This had to be obvious to the installer. I pointed this out and they agreed to replace it.
4. A board on the back of the fence is dry rotted and has holes in it. This had to be obvious to the installer. I pointed this out and they agreed to replace it.
5. An entire section of fence that was attached at an angle was mounted incorrectly. Basically they mounted the long part to the outside of the angle resulting in an overhang. I pointed this out and they corrected the problem.
6. All of the post caps were loose. They had tried to attach them using adhesive caulk, but the calk didn't make contact with the post so they were basically just sitting on top. When I pointed this out they corrected the problem by nailing them in.
7. A gate latch was mounted upside down.
8. Two boards warped in the rain after the job was complete leaving me to wonder at the materials used on the project.
I hesitated to write this review last year because I wanted to make sure I made it through the winter without any more issues with more boards warping. So far so good. In the end the fence does look great but it was not an easy road to get there.
Communication, punctuality and quality control are seriously lacking at
Posts were installed in 3 hours on May 13th. Crew returned on May 16th at 8AM to complete the fencing. Fence was completely done and crew gone by 12 noon. All post-hole dirt was put exactly where requested. Crew cleaned up after themselves.
Job was completed to our satisfaction. We have recommended this company to neighbors who are hiring Town & Country Fence.
Unfortunately, we didn't hear back from him with an estimate. I knew communications were an issue per the previous reviews. But, we gave him a few months with a couple nudges from me via e-mail and one phone call. With each contact from me, he said he would contact me soon. We finally decided we needed the job done before the Spring was over and just signed with another contractor. Very sad... I wish we had all the time in the world to wait for
I stated I would use him in the future. What I mean by that is that I would love to use him on a project where time is not of the essence.
This tells me that they would in fact cancel the actual fence install if it's raining as well then. I will not be contacting this provider for a reschedule after already playing phone tag and having to take a day off of work for them to cancel. Good luck to anyone who uses them.
There are too many very qualified fence builders in the Twin Cities area, so shop around. Landmark should have made it easy for us during a very stressful time, but instead they were the only contractor during our large
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Fence Installers in Saint Paul, MN
Saint Paul, MN
Saint Cloud, MN
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Saint Paul.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center