Confused about speakers? Here are some options to help set up a home theater experience whatever your budget.
Find Top-Rated Saint Louis Home Automation Services
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Home Automation Services to Avoid
Top Rated Home Automation Services
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Over 3 million people trust Angie's List to help make the right choice
- Be informed to avoid costly mistakes
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 8,813 reviews for
Saint Louis Home Automation Services from people just like you.
Shop, Search and Save from anywhere!
- Offers are exclusively provided by highly rated companies
- Angie’s List members have access to exclusive discounts on local services
- Shop, schedule, and stay on top of progress from any device
- Our 30 Day Refund Guarantee means you can buy with confidence!
Over 3 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Home Automation Services and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Instant Community AccessAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Saint Louis
Affordable home automation systems start around $100. All you need is a smartphone and Wi-Fi.
Are you ready to live in a smart house?
If you're wanting to transform that unfinished space into a man cave, here's how to get started.
Home Automation reviews in Saint Louis
Not because they failed to meet my irrationally high standards but because they did, leaving me with nothing to complain about; how frustrating is that! Check out these annoyances:
1. They arrived every time not at the end but at the beginning of the minute of the pre-announced ...MoreRead more of this review time.
2. None of the three workmen rolled their eyes, grimaced or grumbled in the slightest or tried to talk me out of it when I told them that I was considering asking them to move an already installed ceiling sensor to another very difficult-to-access point that would have taken a great deal more additional time and effort - without an additional charge. One of them actually said “We want you to be satisfied.” Whaat? Pinch me.
3. They cleaned up behind them without my asking for that.
4. Mr. , the owner, personally met with me on two occasions to describe his company’s offerings. Not a subordinate salesperson but Mr. himself. Furthermore, he gave me his personal cell phone number to call him directly with any questions or complaints. With some 2000 clients, how crazy is that? Crazy as a fox because this tells me that the quality of his hardware and installation is such that he knows that after the initial few days of getting familiar with the system, I won’t be calling him any more, except for some very rare emergencies such as when Mossad agents breach the system and make off with my prize Corgi.
5. I got two other bids. One from ADT, the country’s largest provider of home and commercial security systems, the other a local highly-rated firm. After taking down some initial information about my circumstances, ADT sent me a technician hopping ready to install the system despite being largely uninformed about my circumstances (e.g. I indicated wanting a hard-wired not a wireless system but ADT rarely installs the former anymore) and about the specific prices for individual components of the system. (“I’m a technician, I ’t deal with the prices.” So he had to call and get those for me which ended up being more expensive than ’s. Strangely, he did not have the CEO’s personal cell phone number to give me.) Needless to emphasize, this experience dealing with a huge, impersonal national rather than a local company was predictable . Furthermore, ADT’s monthly monitoring fee was $39.95 with a three-year contract, a whopping $15/month more than ’s with a one year contract.
The other company, Security, top-rated on Angie’s list, sent a very personable and professional salesperson (the daughter of the owner, I guess the next best thing) who gave me a price on the same specifications I had presented to Mr. . On nearly every single item, their prices were variably higher and they also required a 3-year contract. The only difference favoring that company was that their monitoring fee is $19.95, $5 less; but with the savings from ’s hardware and installation charges, it would take over four years for that difference to even out.
In sum, since the technology being marketed by various reputable home security firms is presumably identical - e.g. the smoke alarms and motion detectors either work or ’t and the people at the monitoring station are awake or not (I checked both) - I decided to buy a system based on differences in pricing and customer service whereby local firms are much more likely to offer a better deal in both respects. I’m hard put to imagine that another company could improve on .
No, I am not Mr. ’s son-in-law, although he was sufficiently kindly disposed toward me that he urged me to hit a personal friend for lunch after he received the usual $75 referral fee (ADT offers $50).
Home Automation Services in Saint Louis
Lake Saint Louis
Lake Saint Louis
Lake Saint Louis
Shop Local Home Automation Services in Saint Louis
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Saint Louis.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center