Access to trusted reviews, the best Real Estate and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
San Jose Real Estate Articles
Real Estate reviews in San Jose
GoPro is open on Saturdays so I called the following morning to find out if I had the right date and time.
GoPro is very well reviewed here and elsewhere, and I was thinking that I would use them because they are a local business located very close to me in San
I received a courtesy call an hour prior and the team arrived 5 minutes early. They were very professional and worked well as a team. There was obvious synergy between the guys. They were extremely careful with my items. I couldn't believe how well everything fit into the truck. It was like playing Tetris with boxes and furniture! They are definitely the experts in moving!!
When we arrived at the destination they were careful with my new floors and wore booties and layed out a roll of carpet to walk on. They carefully unloaded everything into my garage and the rooms. They cleaned up quickly and left my driveway/garage cleaner than when they arrived!
I have already recommended
Thank you for making my move a smooth one!!!
The estimate provided for
At the gate of the truck and oh wait... what's in the truck? My stuff.
Maybe it's a CA thing but I can't handle it. If I use them again I will need to find a way to politely request "non-smokers".
ended up going with
deal and had the best ratings of the reviews I read. While my experience
with them wasn't as great as what I'd had with my previous movers, I was
nonetheless pleased with the resolutions reached with the company in the
I'll break down my review into sections: Positive experiences and
negative experiences. Even though there were things that were negative
about the experience, let me say that things also could have been a lot
- I needed to move on short
notice -- I first contacted the company 3 weeks prior to my move date
(on Feb 16, 2013 for a a March 9th move). Some other companies were
unable to accommodate short notice. So thumbs up to
for accommodating me!
- I only needed to move ~2500lbs, which is very little -- only personal items and 1 dresser/night table/end table set. Many companies wouldn't move that small an amount of stuff across country.
- The owner, Ran, was accessible by phone, and gave me an approximate quote over the phone, and a more detailed one once I sent him my list of things to move. The quote process went well.
- He emailed me a receipt for the deposit check that I mailed him. He also provided receipts every time I made a payment.
- On Moving Day, Ran showed up promptly at the agreed upon time and date.
- Communication with Ran himself during the packing and loading was
very easy. Communication with the crew was more difficult (they spoke
very limited English).
- I asked him to reuse boxes and packing material (packing paper) from a previous move. He totally accommodated me on this, and then gave me a discount for providing the packing materials!
- he communicated that he would transport my stuff to his warehouse in MD, and that it would be picked up by another carrier who would bring it to California (see related negative comment about time tables below). He also explained that I would pay the balance of the moving costs to the second carrier.
- Although Ran was not immediately responsive to emails that I sent inquiring where my stuff was, he often respond next day to these emails with the schedule as he knew it.
- on the day of delivery, Ran called to let me know that the driver was coming. He also called the next day to find out how the driver did. I really appreciated his follow up.
- after I had unpacked and found broken/damaged items, he asked me for pictures of the damaged items. I sent them to him 3 weeks later (so I could finish unpacking and checking the rest of my items). He then sent me forms for claiming the items. It probably took me another month to fill out the claims form and send it back (I had moved for new job that was pretty demanding). He sent me a proposed settlement, and forms to indicate the amount. I disagreed with the settlement and we were able to arrive at a agreeable settlement very quickly.
- After Ran sent the email about the deposit check, I didn't really
hear from him again until the morning he showed up to move me. Because
it's a small company and he goes out to supervise and help with moves
personally, I understand that he may have been pressed for time, but I
would have preferred to have an email to confirm he was still coming on
the agreed upon date.
- Communication with Ran's crew was very difficult, since they didn't speak very good English.
- I specifically asked one of the crew members to pack my shoes in the
provided shoe boxes, and Ran reinforced/re-explained my request. Well,
when I received them on the other end, none of the shoes were in shoe
boxes, and the shoe boxes had been put, EMPTY, into another box for
transport. This was NOT what I had asked for! And if you weren't going
to use my shoe boxes, you should at least wrap each pair of shoes
separately (this is what my previous set of movers did, since they
didn't trust the shoes boxes that I provided). However, Ran's crew
members just tossed all of my shoes, unprotected in any way, into one
big box, even though I asked them to be careful. This might not matter
to everyone, but it happened to matter to me, and I was unhappy
receiving them this way.
- Another crew member didn't wrap all of my
breakables individually. Two pairs of ceramic ramekins were wrapped
together, and consequently all 4 of them broke. Some ceramic soup
spoons were sitting in a plastic silverware organizer, but instead of
taking them out and wrapping them separately, the entire open top
silverware organizer was wrapped with all of the silverware still inside
it, and in the expected jostling of the moving trucks the jostled
silverware broke the ceramic spoons. Cups arrived with stress fractures
probably due to the jostling they received, though they were
individually wrapped. One mirror arrived with a small chip and another
mirror arrived with significant damage (it can no longer be used).
Some items weren't protected well (a musical keyboard stand was not
wrapped at all and arrived significantly scratched; a step ladder
lost one of its rubber feet because it wasn't wrapped, etc). Previous
movers put plastic cling wrap over EVERYTHING, including these items.
- miscommunication about the time table. I was lead to believe that my
stuff had a high probability of arriving in about a week. In
actuality, it took about 3 weeks to arrive, which was still within
contractual limits, which was 21 business days. Although I knew
that it would have to be transferred to another carrier to bring my
stuff across the country, I thought that Ran had scheduled for that pick
up to happen the next business day after he picked up my items.
However, in reality, it took 6 business days (9 actual days) just for my
items to get picked up from his MD warehouse. Then another 7 business
days for delivery of those items (another 9 actual days) in California.
While there wasn't any other company who could get my stuff to
California faster for the same price, had I known that Ran would have to
wait 6 business days for my stuff to be picked up from his warehouse, I
would have tried to have him pick up my stuff earlier since I'd have
preferred to receive it in California closer to when I arrived there.
But since I wasn't aware of the actual time table, I couldn't make an
informed decision about it.
- communication with the 2nd
cross-country mover: the cross-country mover wasn't provided a copy of
my contract so he didn't know that my contract with
specified that there was to be no charge for them bringing things up an
elevator. However, once I showed him the contract, he dropped that
charge from the balance he tried to charge me.
In the end, Ran worked with me to try to provide a good moving experience. He was able to work with me on the moving and packing estimate, and he cut me a break for having my own moving materials, and he worked with me to come to an acceptable resolution for the broken items that ended being more than the industry standard in damage insurance. Also, Ran was very professional during his communications with me, and was accommodating when possible. While some things could have gone smoother, Ran did his best to make up for those things. in general, I was satisfied with the outcome of the move.
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Real Estate in San Jose, CA
New Orleans, LA
San Francisco, CA
San Jose, CA
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, CA
San Jose, CA
San Jose, CA
San Jose, CA
Shop Local Real Estate Services in San Jose
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in San Jose.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center