Access to trusted reviews, the best Flooring Installers and exclusive discounts!
- Memberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
- Angie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
- Members can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
- If a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
San Jose Flooring Articles
Angie's List In The Press
San Jose Flooring Installers Reviews
SPECIAL NOTES: After removing the underlayment in the Kitchen/Dining room we found the plywood
subfloor to be Sub-Standard meaning the thickness of the plywood is 1/2" on16" centers. This should be at
minimum 5/8" thickness. We also found termite damage in front of the dishwasher area and by the back ...more /> door. Also found that most of the existing plywood subfloor joints are very weak.
A.) Additional charge to repair subfloor> Remove termite damage plywood that was accessible in the
kitchen/dining areas. Replace misc. weak spots to plywood subfloor. Add 2x6 supports to weak plywood
joints for added strength.
B.) Add extra
C.) Remove book shelve wall and haul away 200.00
D.) Replace 4x4 pier block under house. (was not attached to floor joist.) 75.00
E.) Replace wall base to 3-1/4" and paint base 175.00
F.) Replace ice maker water line and reroute line 105.00
G.) Add wood support under kitchen counter (dishwasher area) 75.0
ALL WORK FINISHED -WAS EXCELLENT -
THE OWNER COMPLETES THE REPAIRS HIMSELF AND WITH ONE EMPLOYEE
Despite the extra complications,
There are a few things I want to mention about
- They were always punctual, both in terms of start time and end time each day.
- They were productive whether or not we were at home.
- They were clean and careful in our home; they tidied up the work area at the end of each day.
- His estimates were accurate and fair.
- Despite our high satisfaction, I'm embarrassed to say that we were not as punctual with our payment as he was with his work.
All in all, we were very pleased with SJ Floor Coverings and recommend them enthusiastically.
Art and his team came out to deliver the material and allowed a few days for the wood to acclimate before installation. Installation took about 5 days with 3 guys. I was informed that the job would have been completed sooner if the 4th member was not sick but they all did a great job. I am very happy with the work they did and would recommend
We were on a very tight schedule to get the work completed, but the schedule slipped several times. This was a major problem as he wasn't the only contractor doing work and there were dependancies. He did finally complete it in time and we were able to move in when we wanted to."
All Flooring Installers in San Jose, CA
Walnut Creek, CA
Walnut Creek, CA
San Mateo, CA
San Jose, CA
Mountain View, CA