Access to trusted reviews, the best Drain Plumbers and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
San Jose Drain Cleaning Articles
Drain Cleaning reviews in San Jose
occasions, and each time reached an impasse. We then passed him to my brother
in law that happens to be an attorney, and
receipts and prices for water filters in the contract and the water heater, and
he did not deliver the promised receipts and my brother in law found out that
insurance and lied to both my brother in law when asked several times if he has
those, and listed a business license number on his contract. My brother in law
had no choice, but to draw a Contract Dissolution Agreement, upon which
Fanty ended up owing us $3,500.00 and we would return him the installed water
heater upon payment of the said amount by the said date. He did not pay on that
date and by that broke the terms of the Dissolution Agreement, and we were
forced to create installment plan for him where he promised to pay a certain amount.
He broke that agreement too, and paid here and there and only when my brother
in law called and told him that he was going to contact the District Attorney,
and you, and finally, he refused to pay the last $600.00, and I had to
personally call him and threaten him, after which he told him that he only has
$200.00, and then I threatened him some more by telling that I would sell the
water heater in the garage sail this week and subtract $600.00 from the
proceeds band only give him the rest which is what I was authorized to do by my
brother in law, and he brought the money to my brother in law's office and
after that I relies ed the water heater to him. It turned out that he had
$600.00 after all.
Called another in 10-15 minutes. Job was completed in less than 1/2 hour. They confirmed that the drain was completely cleared, and were on their way.
Seldom have I had such speedy and effective service. Would call them again in a heartbeat.
But here is the bad part (or parts).
1. He honored the Angie's list 10% off coupon (on labor) *only* for the first hour. Now I checked this coupon a couple of times - it was in the Nov 2013 Angie's List US Mail newsletter ("toilet issue") - and nowhere was it mentioned that the discount was for the first hour only. When I mentioned this to the service technician, he dismissed it saying he gets that question all the time, and that is not true. So, Angie's List. please check into this, and if it is indeed 10% off only for the first hour, please mention it, even in the fine print.
2. The person charged me $71 for parts, which he mentioned only when presenting me with the bill at the end. I was at home all the time while he was doing his work, in fact I talked to him a few times to ask him what was wrong with the plumbing. I was completely unaware that I would be hit with such a large bill for parts - until the end.
3. This is what really bothered me. After he finished his work, he spent 15-30 mins in his truck writing up the invoice. His rate for every 15 mins was $22.50. So I paid him between $22.50-$45.00, for the time he was writing his invoice and report. In fact, I had to call him after a while before he came and gave me the invoice. I am all for paying for a professional's time, but it did not seem right that I had to pay for the time that he took to write up his report, very sloooowly... :)
Hope Angie's List as well as the service provider looks into this case. Thanks,
Can't ask for anything more than that!
They came out on time and were very professional. They cleaned out the drain and then took a camera down the pipe, all the way to the city. They found out that the pipes are new at the house and there were none that were broken. There was just debris in the line, from the home being vacant for almost a year. Stuff had dried up from not moving, yes gross. Anyways not tree roots, there was nothing.
I wish I would have called them first, it would have saved us a lot of money. They are great!”
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Drain Plumbers in San Jose, CA
San Jose, CA
Santa Rosa, CA
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, Ca
San Mateo, CA
San Mateo, CA
San Jose, CA
Mountain View, CA
American Canyon, CA
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in San Jose.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center