Access to trusted reviews, the best Porch Cleaning Contractors and exclusive discounts!
- Memberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
- Angie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
- Members can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
- If a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Richmond Deck Cleaning Articles
Angie's List In The Press
Richmond Porch Cleaning Contractors Reviews
At 9:35 on Sunday the gentleman showed up. I started showing him the specifics.
1) The french door. We could fix that if he had a paddle bit in his truck and if I would go and get a cover for the hole he drilled in the floor. I offered my drill and standard bit so he could drill a smaller hole and fixed that.
2) He looked at the deck and agreed with me that it needed fixing. He wanted to reschedule for another time and wanted me to go to Home Depot or Lowes to pick up the supplies for an extra $10. He also suggested that I pick up a Deck Sealer that he recommended and that I should pick that up because I had to decide a color (that I agreed wtih).
3) He looked at where I wanted the railing and seemed surprised that I wanted it to mount to the concrete in place...he, of course didn't have the tools to do that either. I also did not have a high degree of confidence that he knew how to do that task.
He left with a promise to get back with me later that day after talking to the owner and to schedule the job that was suppose to be done that afternoon for either Monday or Tuesday and also he wanted another person to come out there (so now $80/hr) with him with the promise that it would take half the time. As he heads out the door I ask about what we are doing about the railing. He tells me to just measure the distance and buy piping but they can't cut it.
I go to Lowes. They do not have the deck sealant. So I call him. At that time he says that I need to go to Home Depot...even though I told him earlier I'm going to Lowes. He also told me he talked to the boss and they "might" be able to get back to me later this week. With the complete lack of professionalism so far I doubted it so asked for him to have the owner call me back. So far I have not heard back.
Bottom line, I call professionals when I do want to deal with a project or do not have the tools or expertise myself. I do not expect to have to supply tools, run around town getting supplies, and having to measure and figure out what's needed myself. I also expect that when I give someone a list of what needs doing and they say they are coming to do it, that they are prepared to either do the task or get the materials and then do the tasks. I thought that was what I was buying.
Update: In response to doing no work for me, that is correct even though I wish they were prepared to work the four hours they scheduled. I have not received any contact from this provider since my original review."
I then put ,after at least 2 weeks, my deck furniture and pots. I noticed the next day that there was what looked like mud spots all over the deck. It rained and I sprayed them with the hose thinking it would come right off. It did not. Then, I moved some furniture and more
I would definitely recommend "
All Porch Cleaning Contractors in Richmond, VA
Newport News, VA
Glen Allen, VA
Ruther Glen, VA
Glen Allen, VA