Are you interested in tracing your family history back through the generations? Among our seven tips to get you started on a family tree: Find out what's already been done.
Find Top-Rated Raleigh Genealogists
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Genealogists to Avoid
Top Rated Genealogists
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Only 14% of Raleigh Genealogists are reliable
- Tardiness is the #1 complaint against Raleigh Genealogists
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 200,000 reviews for
Raleigh Genealogists from people just like you.
Shop, Search and Save from anywhere!
- Offers are exclusively provided by highly rated companies
- Angie’s List members have access to exclusive discounts on local services
- Shop, schedule, and stay on top of progress from any device
- Our 30 Day Refund Guarantee means you can buy with confidence!
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Genealogists and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Raleigh
The rise of pay genealogy sites doesn't mean that users have to spend money to research their familial origins. Here are some free government resources you can use when exploring your family tree.
Highly rated genealogist Linda Rakita, an Angie's List 2011 Super Service Award winner, describes the work she undertakes to help family members trace their family tree and ancestry.
Tracing family histories is one of the most popular hobbies in America. According to a recent Angie's List poll, 71 percent of members say they're somewhat or very interested in their family history.
Genealogy Service reviews in Raleigh
She started right away and explained it is "like sorting through a mountain of unopened
I didn't know how long it would take and was comfortable having her keep track of her hours and letting me know when she needed another payment. I had the option of giving her a dollar amount but liked this way better.
She sent me frequent updates on her progress as well as juicy tidbits of information she had uncovered.
I appreciated when she emailed me saying she had enough information to start compiling her findings.
Today I received the second report from my mother's side. As with the first one it is HUGE! Jammed packed with names, dates, photo copies of documents and pictures and Facebook contacts! It is delivered via an email attachment in a narrative format that reads like a history book.
I am looking forward to getting my father's side information.
I've shared these reports with my siblings and
Finally, I love the fact that if at a later date, I want her to resume her research, she is happy to start where she left off!
All Genealogists in Raleigh, NC
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Raleigh.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center