Access to trusted reviews, the best Kitchen And Bath Remodelers and exclusive discounts!
- Memberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
- Angie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
- Members can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
- If a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Providence Remodeling Articles
Angie's List In The Press
Providence Kitchen And Bath Remodelers Reviews
After signing off on the estimate in late May, I was told the earliest he could get it done was in late August. August came and went and I was asked if he could push it off until Early October which I relented on. (Note that specific dates were never used, just generalities)
Early October came and went without a phone call. After leaving him multiple voicemails and an email I finally received an email on October 15th that he couldn't do the job for us.
So at this point I've waited five months to be told by
Now I have to find someone else on the 15th of October. Extremely frustrating.
1) I called to find out if they had remnants for sale and asked where they were located and verified hours. I drove (20+ minutes) and arrived to find the remnant yard (area behind the back of the store) virtually under water. It had rained all morning and there were deep puddles. Obviously, I don't expect them to have perfect drainage but it would seem reasonable that the person who answered the phone when I called to make my inquiry would mention that the slabs were on view outside. (I, naively, had expected them to be in a warehouse.) When I arrived I was told it would be impossible to walk through the 3-4 inches of water pooled outside. They told me to come back on a sunnier day. No apology.
2) I returned to look at remnants with my husband. No one was particularly interested in offering suggestions, advice, or help. It's very hard to know what a piece of granite looks like when it is standing sideways with other huge pieces in front and behind. There is no way to actually get a good look at anything. Frustrating but no pictures, samples, or help. The woman who helped us was pleasant but not particularly interested.
3) Chose a piece and paid a 50% deposit.
4) Finally to make an appointment to get a template cut. (Time gap because of death in the family and constant travel) Rep came out and measured and said the countertop would be ready in about 2 weeks.
5) After 3 weeks I called and asked where the countertop was and was told it was scheduled for installation in 4 days but the appt would be cancelled if I didn't pay the balance. Curious. No one had called me to say that I was scheduled and no one had asked me for the balance. I called back the next day with a CC. I mentioned that I was wondering how they were going to cut out the sink hole since they had not asked for the sink when they were at my house. The CSR said the rep should have asked for it so that the cutting could be done in the workroom. She warned that it would be dusty if they did the work at my house. She wanted me to drive the sink to their work site (another town 30 minutes away). I said "no, I don't have the time. I'll live with the dust". Some 20 minutes later another CSR from
6) When the countertop was delivered I was not home so I couldn't monitor the installation. My husband was there but not involved.
7) The front
8) No one from the company ever called to see if the job had been completed or fixed. No one is service oriented. No one is pleasant. No one is thorough. No one cares.
9) In total we spent over $576 for this single vanity countertop. It will never look really finished because the jagged edges could not be corrected. However, I had no recourse because they had all my $ in advance.
10) We worked with a tile supplier, a glass shower door supplier/installer, a carpenter, and an electrician for this job. All were courteous, helpful, pleasant, and clean EXCEPT for
i have not decided who will do the actual job yet; i am looking into several avenues since my budget is small and most places want to spend more than i am able to at this juncture and in this condo. but overall a good rating
All Kitchen And Bath Remodelers in Providence, RI
Fall River, MA