Access to trusted reviews, the best Lumber Stores and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Home Improvement Store reviews in Portland
The primary "it would be nice if" - It would have been better if they could have done the complete job including cutting the granite and installing the new range hood ducting through the roof. It was extra work on my part to find alternative contractors and to schedule them in. But they told me the deal up front so there were no surprises and were flexible as I juggled the schedules.
Many of the men there have worked there for years and years. They seem to know everything! They'll teach you about something you need for a project - a hinge I'd never seen before, for example - and explain all about it. This past fall I was in to buy a snow shovel. They had them, for one thing, and while I was looking for a short list of other things, one of the men said to me, "Why don't I just sharpen that snow shovel for you while you're here?" And he did! Price for this? Nothing, zip,
Skill is another thing, even with something small. When is the last time you've had a fist full of keys made - 10 of them! - and every single one fit! That was nothing short of a miracle, judging from my many key making attempts over the years.
To comment directly on the other items I listed for my last trip in,
* the spreader is free for a day if you buy whatever it is you're spreading. (You don't have to do this on the same day - just save your receipt.) Otherwise it's a big fat $5. They will tell you what to set it on, too, and they'll load it into your car for you, of course. * The lady's screwdrivers had had to be ordered in a batch of 10 but that was no deterrent in getting me mine. I bought 3 so I can give a couple away when the mood strikes me. Years ago when I bought my first (there at Beaument Hdw) they were quite a hit in my neighborhood, so I figure they will be today.
* The keys I told you about. I should mention that I was particular about what the key looked like. The fellow was very patient as I picked through, eliminating ones with rock bands and that sort of thing. There weren't very many flowered ones but I found 10! Then, like I said, was the miracle of cutting them perfectly!
* The seeds? Well, they were just seeds, I liked and needed some and I bought them. Nothing to talk about on that one.
I do want to comment on prices. I do not know if this hardware store is low priced on everything, but I have been amazed when I've learned - kind of after the fact - that their price on this or that was actually lower than
By now, you've probably gathered I like
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Lumber Stores in Portland, OR
Lake Oswego, OR
Castle Rock, WA
Battle Ground, WA
North Plains, OR
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Portland.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center