Landscaping experts say eco-friendly organic products may take a year or more to transform grass, but the result leads to lower water bills and healthier lawn.
Find Top-Rated Pittsburgh Lawn Services
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Lawn Services to Avoid
Top Rated Lawn Services
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Over 3 million people trust Angie's List to help make the right choice
- Be informed to avoid costly mistakes
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 8,055 reviews for
Pittsburgh Lawn Services from people just like you.
Shop, Search and Save from anywhere!
- Offers are exclusively provided by highly rated companies
- Angie’s List members have access to exclusive discounts on local services
- Shop, schedule, and stay on top of progress from any device
- Our 30 Day Refund Guarantee means you can buy with confidence!
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Lawn Services and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Pittsburgh
Whether going with low-drip irrigation or a different type of grass, you can have a great lawn with minimal runoff.
Has your once lush, emerald-green lawn turned into a patchy, yellowish-brown eyesore?
Summer means it’s time to fire up the grill and invite friends over for a barbecue, but it seems like unexpected guests always crash the party.
How to Get Rid of Springtails
One of the most effective ways to control springtails is to dry out the infested area. Springtails require a high-moisture environment to breed and thrive, living mostly off of algaes that grow in moist conditions. They will either leave the infested area or die out. If there is an infestation that cannot be controlled by drying out the infested area, use an appropriately labeled insecticide with a residual time These will typically be a liquid concentrate form, a wet-able powder form, or a dust product. DO NOT APPLY UNTIL AREAS ARE DRY. If area will not dry naturally, use Corn Starch to soak-up any lingering moisture and otherwise 'steer' any rain water or irrigation away from area.
Also, if there is a noticed springtail infestation around the perimeter of the structure, use the insecticide to do a barrier treatment and apply corn starch to reduce or eliminate moisture. Caulk and seal all cracks and crevices and inspect potted plants before they are brought into the house.
I would talk to your local lawn and garden supply store (or mill and feed) - NOT a box store or hardware store. There are also selective grass control chemicals. YOu can research this by Googling using search string "Tall Fescue Control" - there are lots of articles by the USDA and individual state cooperative extension services.
There is a treatment called chlorsulfuron TFC (Tall Fescue Control) that will do this - it worked for me in western New York, but took 3 years to finish out all the tall fescue. It may now be limited to use by commercial applicators - pretty potent stuff. Can yellow bluegrass or make it phytosensitive, but our looked OK during treatment because the TFC was applied in the fall for best results, and our lawn was dormant till spring anyway.
Tall fescue can also be controlled by real short mowing, but only in areas where the bluegrass is dominant and really thrives so will eventually crowd out the trimmed fescue, but you may be too far north for that.
Lawn Care reviews in Pittsburgh
rThe company is reliable and managed in a professional manner.
Lawn Services in Pittsburgh
Shop Local Lawn Care Services in Pittsburgh
- Patio PaversRaintree Landscape Construction LLCMember Price$800 $1000VIEW
- Patio PaversRaintree Landscape Construction LLCMember Price$1200 $1400VIEW
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Pittsburgh.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center