No, that's not Santa coming down the chimney - it's a wild animal!
Find Top-Rated Pittsburgh Chimney Sweeps
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Chimney Sweeps to Avoid
Top Rated Chimney Sweeps
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Over 3 million people trust Angie's List to help make the right choice
- Be informed to avoid costly mistakes
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 1,581 reviews for
Pittsburgh Chimney Sweeps from people just like you.
Shop, Search and Save from anywhere!
- Offers are exclusively provided by highly rated companies
- Angie’s List members have access to exclusive discounts on local services
- Shop, schedule, and stay on top of progress from any device
- Our 30 Day Refund Guarantee means you can buy with confidence!
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Chimney Sweeps and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Pittsburgh
Thirty seconds is the length of most television commercials. It’s also the length of time it takes for a fire to get out of control in your home.
By avoiding the busy fall season you can schedule chimney cleaning at your convenience … and maybe save some cash.
Dear Angie: How much can I expect to pay to have my wood fireplace converted to gas? Our house is about 30 years old. The bottom of the fireplace looks like it's easily accessed through the basement. The conversion would involve running 30 to 50 feet of gas line. — Thomas M., Cincinnati, Ohio
Chimney Sweeping reviews in Pittsburgh
I explained that I had purchased my house last year and since I didn't know much about fireplaces I wanted someone to come out and check to make sure that there were no potential problems with the mortar in the chimney to ensure that I wouldnt have smoke leaking into the house or a potential fire with embers.
The man who showed up (the other two crew members stayed in the truck) came in laid down on the floor opened the flue and looked up the chimney with a flashlight and stated it looked good. (which I had already done). He did show me repeatedly how to open the flue with my finger (the handle is missing/broken). I had already figured that out when I looked up there previously.
He then told me I needed a new flue (over $600.00) and caps ($225.00) when I tried to explain my concerns he just kept repeating the directions to open/close the flue with my fingers.
The man spoke broken english and it may have been a communication issue on his part.
On my receipt it shows fireplace inspection and the estimates for the two jobs but in the area where it states condition with lines to make comments he left that
I spent 59.00 and they were here and gone in about 10 minutes and I have zero level confidence on the condition of my fireplace chimney since they did nothing more than what I had already done. I feel i wasted my money that's why i gave the cost a rating of "bad"
Chimney Sweeps in Pittsburgh
Mc Kees Rocks
Shop Local Chimney Sweeping Services in Pittsburgh
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Pittsburgh.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center