Find Top-Rated New York Digital Camera Shop
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Digital Camera Shop to Avoid
Top Rated Digital Camera Shop
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Over 3 million people trust Angie's List to help make the right choice
- Be informed to avoid costly mistakes
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 2,019 reviews for
New York Digital Camera Shop from people just like you.
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Digital Camera Shop and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in New York
Camera Repair reviews in New York
I had a fairly large amount of Super 8mm film that I wanted to transfer to video/DVD. I knew that camera shops often perform this service, and Camera Doctor did indeed offer the service. So I had them do one large reel as a test.
There were a number of problems with the resulting video transfer:
- Their process uses an old machine to project the film and record onto videotape. Yes, VIDEOTAPE. They then convert that to DVD. The resulting quality is pretty bad. Modern shops use a "direct imaging" process to go from the film direct to digital image.
- The resulting DVD had their business name and promotional graphics covering the disc, with little space left to add my own labeling. Note that you can't stick labels onto DVDs. Other shops leave a LOT more whitespace.
- It was fairly expensive. For that price, I expect good results.
Now, they were very convenient to me (I live in the neighborhood) and so this was a good test for me. I learned what questions I needed to ask other shops that I evaluated, and I did find another shop that did an excellent job.
So, again, Camera Doctor is great for camera repair, their core business, but take your film transfer jobs elsewhere.
There is a message window to enter info on your camera problems and then submit it to the provider...with the promise of a prompt response.
I filled out the message window (in fact twice, with a follow-up) and there has been no response.
I am giving this vendor a grade of F based on no response, but will be happy to ammend/remove if there are mitigating circumstances.
All Digital Camera Shop in New York
New Hyde Park
Long Island City
Long Island City
New Hyde Park
New York City
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in New York.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center