Access to trusted reviews, the best Carpenters and exclusive discounts!
- Memberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
- Angie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
- Members can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
- If a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
New Orleans Woodworking Articles
Angie's List In The Press
New Orleans Carpenters Reviews
Preferences § 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 - = Backspace Tab q w e r t y u i o p [ ] Return capslock a s d f g h j k l ; ' \ shift ` z x c v b n m , . / shift English
The owner claims to work for the best builders in the city. That may be so, but it obviously does not translate into quality workmanship for home owners, as this report details. When I objected to the outrageous price he charges and pointed out that other mill work shops would do the work for half that amount, I was warned against doing business with them because I was a "quality" conscious person and would be disappointed with their work. Let me state flatly that the work on these four windows was unconscionably poor quality, and I have the photographic evidence to back up that claim.
For right now I just want to post a warning to other Garden District families to stay as far away as possible from this business. For one, there is no legal recourse when doing business with them. I am informed that Guy "Carpenter" (the owner) has a lawyer partner who does not charge them for legal services. Thus homeowners are put in a position where legal action--the possibility of which their office manager made abundantly clear to me did not ruffle their
I have extensive photographic evidence for all of my claims of shoddy workmanship, as well as detailed records I kept for each sash before delivering them to
So far, here is a list of defects I have encounter: As I continue to expand this list, I am left with a feeling that I might as well taken that $4,000 and burned it.
1. Where rails were replaced and other corrective work done on the frames, they were nailed back together using very small finish nails These were made in 1869 out of antique Cyprus using tried and true
2. The pointed end of nails protruding out of the frame
3. Massive damage to the frames which they made no effort whatsoever to correct. This includes one place in which a nail is protruding over a quarter of an inch out of the frame.
4. Panes of glass cut so loose that the glazing does not cover the
5. There appears to be at most a single coat of primer on these windows, and even that in chipped all over on each and every sash.
6. While attaching window locks to one of the set of window, the screw just pushed into wood as if nothing were there, INDICATING THAT ROTTEN WOOD WAS JUST PAINTED OVER. On the other side of the lock the meeting rail is clearly badly worn and nothing was done to correct it. So now in order to mount a lock on the window I must remove it and make the repair myself. Why? Why was I asked to pay the insane price of well over $5,000 for this gross negligence? What possible excuse can be offered to explain such incompetence?
7. On one of the window were there was massive damage to the window frame, even after installing all of the trim, light shines through from the outside. I have extensive photographic evidence of this also, and the repair necessary to to correct the problem.
8. Mr. "Carpenter" is using auto body filler or something equivalent to make frame repairs, instead of replacing bad wood. I found this out while making one of the repairs to his work.
9. The side of the window that slide against the window frame were painted. Why? No competent window renovation company would ever do that. It causes the sashes to stick when lifting and lowering the sashes. How can you even claim to be a window restoration company and do something like this?
I recommend him very highly.
Showed up to work exactly as promised. Finished entire job in 2 days. All work is square, neat. All trash was removed after job. Asbestos properly disposed of. Very organized. very polite. Great carpentry skills and knowledge. I now keep number in my cell phone. Will definitely use again.
I am a jobbing single mother/Professor at Tulane (and hence not particularly well off). This condo was my first-ever New Orleans property purchase, and the previous contractor almost ruined me. "
All Carpenters in New Orleans, LA
New Orleans, LA
New Orleans, LA
New Orleans, LA
New Orleans, LA