and he called to schedule an estimate for the very next day.
listened to what I wanted and then recommended a security system to fit my needs. He didn't try to sell me more than ...more I wanted or a long term contract for expensive monthly monitoring. He provided a reasonable written estimate that included an upgraded control panel for 10% less than what the other guys wanted for their "plain
's estimate noted the option of monthly monitoring for $15/month.
We scheduled the installation and
and his helper arrived on time. They worked efficiently and my installation was completed in good order.
took time to test the system and then go over basic instructions. I was very pleased with with the security system as well as the professional installation services received. "
Rated Review by Lisa V.
by email, prior to moving in. He answered all of our questions promptly and provided us with detailed estimates. We scheduled our appointment. We were not kept waiting. The work was done cleanly, promptly and professionally. ...more />
They were also very personable and friendly. We would definitely recommend Safe & Secure to anyone looking to install a security system. We plan on contacting
in the fall to discuss other security services we might need. "
Do Your Research— Join to read ratings and reviews from real customers.
If you have experienced a burglary at your home, you know that it can make you uneasy and concerned. Consider these items to give you more peace of mind.
Angie's List In The Press
New Orleans Home Security Companies Reviews
"It is very
. When you call this SECURITY company, the first thing you get is an automated system to route your calls. If you need to talk to a security professional ASAP, that will not happen. To talk to technical customer service, I always have to wait a while. The last time I called, I hung up after waiting 32 minutes. ...more At the beginning of the call the automated system said it would be "more than five minutes". OK. It did not once report back an updated wait time. However, every 30 seconds (no exaggeration) it said, "All of our agents are currently assisting other callers. Someone will be with you momentarily." Whenever
detects a problem with my system, I get an automated phone call asking me to call back to rectify the issue. It then hangs up instead of allowing me to press a button to immediately talk to someone. In short, the customer service is awful. At this point I am regretting not using someone local. Do not make the same mistake I did. Do not choose
"The following are just some of the issues.
1. Never cleaned up after completing the work. Always left a mess, a really big mess. I'm still finding pieces of wiring.
2. Rarely returned scheduled phone calls. Repeated calls necessary to make contact.
3. Didn't check as to where alarm contacts and other items should be placed. ...more Put door alarm contact in wrong place. Damaged all windows during the alarm contact wiring installation. Would answer "I thought the door swung right to left". The house was under construction, all he had to do was ask.
4. Had little equipment of his own, would borrow from the contractor building the house.
5. Paid no attention to details, missing ventilation system in audio / video cabinet. Equipment overheats. Data cabinet too small. the answer was, "I thought you were putting vented doors." He knew we were not and the equipment wasn't installed until AFTER the cabinet work was completed. He knew there was no ventilation, just didn't care. Some of the most unprofessional, sloppy work I've ever seen.
6. Makes scheduled appointments to meet me or the contractor that are not kept. Even after scheduling a meeting weeks in advance and confirming days before.
7. Monitoring company not working properly, no means to test system. Twice alarm sounded, nothing occurred with the monitoring company, no police, no calls. There was no information left for me to contact the monitoring company. The monitoring company did call in subsequent alarms.
8. Although it's a home automation system, the installer had no idea how to design, configure and program the system. Most of his programming does not work. What programming was performed, the installer had to do so with another engineer on the phone from manufacturer. I've had to read the programming manual and configure myself.
9. Connections from surveillance system to video monitoring not working properly. Nearly all connections are not labeled and are poorly installed, some connectors just fell off and had to be replaced.
10. Although a single remote control system for the den AV system was discussed and promised, it takes multiple (at least 5) remotes to operate the very confusing audio / video system.
11. Wiring cabinet not appropriate for the system. Overheating of components and many do not fit properly. Audio / video cabinet not properly ventilated, overheating occurs. Wiring cabinet cover is not easily opened or accessible, the door screws on to the cabinet. Even then, many of the screws are not able to be attached.
12. No labeling of audio system speakers.
13. DVR broke, was promised two week replacement. After what is now 20+ weeks, still no DVR or communication from installer.
14. Has never checked to see that system working properly, that the promised DVD was replaced and all programming works as intended. Just does not care. Wanted all payments in advance. I should have known better to do so and I should have done a better job of checking all wiring, labeling, cabinets, ventilation, etc. I trusted my new home system to someone that has no knowledge of what they're doing. "
"After having ADT service for the past year and being extremely disappointed with the quality of it I decided to try something new. I was skeptical of the self-installation aspect of the system but I couldn't be happier. The installation was easy and took all of 30 min to complete. The monitoring service is top notch and was my biggest complaint ...more with ADT. If I have a false alarm, I will receive a text message, push notification, email and most important of all an actual phone call from
within SECONDS! Sometimes I'd never even receive a phone call from ADT. Another perk is you can monitor your system via smartphone app for free. This is an additional charge if you have ADT. For just under $40 a month, you can't beat this system. HIGHLY recommended.
"They were prompt and neat. They left me an instruction book. I had a question a few days later and called their help line, who returned my call in an hour. There is also an emergency line which I did not have to use,."
"I have a new house. It was all pre-wired when me moved in so I was meeting with local and national alarm services to find a company that would fit our house needs.
wanted to meet with both my husband and I when they came out to the house. I agreed on Friday night at 6:30 since I knew both my husband and I would be there. Well, ...more my husband and I decided to have a party at our house the next day so my husband wanted to work on the yard and let me meet with
. I was fine with it because I have meet with 4 alarm service companies by myself (and frankly I am the decision maker) so I did not think it would be a problem for
got there we let him know that just I would be meeting with him and he got visibly offended. I tried to get the rep. to meet with me but he refused. He gave me an explanation of wanting to have both of us hear the message and not have any misunderstanding, he was in sales and was going out of his way to meet with us, he knew women usually had to talk it over with the husband anyway... Then he tried to make me feel guilty for getting him all the way out here and not meeting with him but I WAS MEETING WITH HIM! As he left he said he would check his schedule and give me a call. 5 minutes later he sends me a TEXT message explaining how insulted he was with how we treated him but he wanted to meet with my husband and I on Sunday afternoon. Frankly, I like dealing business in person or over the phone not via text but if he wanted to talk that way then I was going to respond. After his refusing to meet with me originally and the implication that I was not capable of gathering information correctly I did not really want to try to meet with him again so I tried to politely decline (via text back). He then sends me another text message very upset that I was treating him this way and how dare I imply otherwise. I'm completely shocked that a representative of a company would act in this manner. I have met with numerous men by myself as I have been building my house and so I just wanted to let the other women "decision makers" out there know how this company does business."