Access to trusted reviews, the best Appliance Repair Experts and exclusive discounts!
- Memberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
- Angie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
- Members can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
- If a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Nashville Appliance Repair Articles
Angie's List In The Press
Nashville Appliance Repair Experts Reviews
I have purchased appliances at A1 before and I will certainly continue to use them. Their service is outstanding.
It was determined that the thermostat needed to be replaced and a part would have to be ordered. I inquired after a couple of days and was told that they were trying to source the part. After several days and no update I began to call and leave messages asking the status but my calls were never returned. After 15 days without a refrigerator, I called again and they finally answered. The person I spoke to blamed the delay in the home warranty company and was very rude. When I asked for my $75 to be refunded, he stated that he would ask that my case be reassigned and hung up on me.
I have no doubt that the home warranty company (
After 15 days without a refrigerator, I decided to resolve the problem myself. Within 3 hours I located a part, replaced the part, and had a fully functioning refrigerator.
and needed to have someone come in to do a basic swap-out with the old
range. All lines were run so it was basically shut off the gas at the
line in the kitchen, test for any leaks (standard procedure, I
understand) and hook up the new range. When I set up the appointment
earlier in the week I was given a quote of a $49.95 charge to come over
plus the costs of any supplies and labor. Well, first of all, they did
not send an appliance person, they sent a plumber who said he could do
the work, which made me a bit uneasy as we were working with natural gas.
I was then told the cost for the service call was $69.95
-- $20 higher than I was quoted over the phone.
After the repair tech consulted with his boss via telephone, I was given a quote of $550 --
more than the cost of the new
and I balked at this figure. The repair person then asked me to give
him a quote for what I thought the work was worth -- I was estimating an
hour of work at the most and offered $150. Another call to his boss
resulted in a $300 quote that I also rejected. The service rep didn't
even flinch over the prices he was quoting and asked me to not blame him
-- he was going by the book. I sent him packing. I finally did find
another company to do the work for less than the $300 counter offer. I
will NEVER use this company for anything again.
They scheduled a date and arrived promptly and worked professionally. couple of other things.
I was pleased that the tech agreed that my dishwasher wasn't working properly and said he would order the part needed. He said it was a very common part and would take 3-5 days. He also asked if he could fix the issue with my refrigerator when he came back with the part needed for the dishwasher because he had to pick up his kids at 6. Not my problem, especially since I've been living with this issue for several weeks already, but I agreed since it could have been that he was over-booked by the company. Two days later, I called to find out when the dishwasher part would arrive. I was told that "
Long story short, today, after 2 service visits and while waiting for the 3rd (with no idea when that might possibly be), I still do not have a working dishwasher (the refrigerator issue is resolved). The dishwasher part did indeed come in, the tech came out to my home again, but the part (pump) did not fit my dishwasher. I can only assume the parts guy got it wrong. Currently I am waiting for the new pump to be delivered. I was told on Friday that it would arrive Monday at the earliest, Tuesday at the latest. I called Monday and was told by
Each point of contact has been initiated on our end. The company hasn't called me once, even when I've left messages, with the exception being the tech calling me 15-30 minutes prior to arriving for a service visit. It is hard to believe I would say this, but spending $800 on a new dishwasher would have been less stressful. I will edit this review if, upon completion, I am happy with the outcome.
- Shorten the 5 hour window. I've had to be "on call" at work each time a service appointment has been scheduled, and each time have been given a 5 hour window.
- If the part is common, why not have it on hand instead of placing a 3-5 day order. Or, if there are too many parts to just "have on hand", find a quicker delivery service. My mechanic goes and picks up a part same day. I even wonder if I could have located and ordered the part online and had it delivered already.
- Allow the second appointment to be scheduled to coincide with the delivery of the part.
- Empathy training. My dishwasher being broken may not impact you personally, but it does impact me on a daily basis. We are hand washing dishes and have been for weeks.
All Appliance Repair Experts in Nashville, TN
White Bluff, TN