Access to trusted reviews, the best Storage Facilities and exclusive discounts!
- Memberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
- Angie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
- Members can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
- If a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Minneapolis Storage Facility Articles
Angie's List In The Press
Minneapolis Storage Facilities Reviews
1. I called for an estimate in late April 2013; they sent someone to my house; turns out it was a mover and not an estimator so he had no idea what he was talking about. He gave us ballpark price, an told us that the move would take 1 truck and 4 hours.
2. the day of moving the movers showed up with 3 guys. the lead guy (
3. Those same guys moved us into temporary housing that same day; they moved several items, but I had a day bed that they tried to jam through a doorway - no protective blankets or anything - needless to say it was damaged (but I'll get to that list later)
4. They sent a van 2 days later to our house (we weren't there for this pick up) but they did call me and ask where I was - this was confusing to me since I had already talked to them about not being available. The mover that called me was totally confused. I ended up getting a hold of
5. Most of our stuff was put in storage for 3 months.
6. I called in
7. August 13th comes, and I haven't hear anything from them. I was a little nervous so I called them to make sure everything was on track. I talked to Nick
8. Later that same day,
9. on moving day we were waiting at the temporary housing for quite some time. I didn't have my cell phone because I thought it would just be one more thing to hold onto. At around 9:30 I started getting very concerned and I used my husbands phone to call them
10. I talked to Nick - he yelled at me for to having my phone, yelled more asking me where I was - I was shocked. They were at our new house, not the temporary home which was the place we agreed to. He yelled at me more telling me that they were going to pack up the trucks and take my stuff back to storage and that I was going to have to pay for the time that his guys waited around. He yelled more and asked me why i didn't call when they didn't show up at 8am. I couldn't take it. I was furious, I told them that I will not be paying for the time they "wasted" - they went to the wrong address. And I also told him that the reason I didn't call at 8am is because I had no idea if they were starting at 8am packing up the trucks or what. No one ever explained the process to me, and I've never hired movers before. We went back and forth, and I finally yelled back telling him that this was the worst service I've ever received and that what he should be saying to me is "I'm sorry for the mix up, don't worry, every thing is under control" - once I said this, he backed off and said, "let's just move forward and get the move done"
11. We got to the new house, and the movers began to move us in.
12. I was watching them bring in some items - art specifically - and I noticed that they brought in something that wasn't ours. They moved 3 art pieces to our home that were not ours, and they moved a mountain bike to our house that wasn't ours.
13. They broke picture frames, a standing light's globe, a punch bowl
14. They damaged a number of items: Christmas tree bag, shelving, night stand, jewelry chest, 6ft tall mirror frame, our fabric couch was ripped, I could go on.
15. I paid them for all of the moving time - they gave me 1 hr "free" - this was their concession for their waiting at the wrong address. What a joke, I should have never agreed.
16. I received a call 2 days later from the owner,
19. 2 items broken on the day of the move (#14) were returned to the company, and they fixed them in their "shop" - when the guy came to fix some items TWO MONTHS AFTER WE MOVED IN I asked where those 2 items were. no idea. he left a message with
20. 2 weeks later, I left an upset message with the company asking where my stuff was from the shop, and what they were going to do about all of the other damage.
21. Nick (the idiot son) called me and said "hi
23. no communication, no nothing. November 4th - i'm frustrated again.
24. We check the mail. There is a letter from Quality Movers and Storage - SENT TO THE WRONG ADDRESS!!!!! it was sent to the house we lived at during temporary housing!!!! They still don't know where we live and they've been out here 4 times!!!!!
25. They wrote me a letter, and sent me a check for $350 (approx. 10% of what I paid them) - the letter said that they basically would have paid me more except that I wasted their time when they showed up at the wrong address AND the fact that they cant be sure that all of my stuff wasn't damaged before hand.
I have NEVER been so upset with a service provider. For the price I paid, they should have rolled out the red carpet. I feel ripped off, and worst still I feel like they are lying about the whole address mix up. The best part is, I have a voicemail from Nick (the owners son) at 7:30 ish the morning of the move saying "There's been a little mix up with the address - can you give us a call" - funny how it turned into my fault. NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THESE GUYS.
Where they fell short (way short) was on their reservation process and punctuality. I booked the pickup of the box about 4 weeks in advance. A week later I had to adjust the time and when I called back, they didn't have a record for the pickup at all - so I was saved only by my own follow up. I rebooked the pickup for first thing in the morning (8 AM) and then I confirmed it a week before the pickup was scheduled. On the day they were due, I called them when they were about 20 minutes late and asked for an update, and was told they'd check and call me right back. 45 minutes later - when they were 1:15 late - the call came that they were just leaving their yard.
It being the day before a big move, the timing was important and the least they could have done is call to update me on the process.I'd use them again for general storage, but if timing is important I'd consider the other options first.
I'd probably use them again because the box did the job and the price was right, but if you need them to be on time, you could have a problem.
All Storage Facilities in Minneapolis, MN
New Orleans, LA
Big Lake, MN
Saint Paul, MN
Saint Paul, MN
Saint Paul, MN
Saint Cloud, MN