Access to trusted reviews, the best Home Inspectors and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Minneapolis Home Inspecting Articles
Home Inspecting reviews in Minneapolis
We had some issues with the front office. All fairly minor but, in sum, show some issues with scheduling and communication.
1. I was told by the front office that the radon sensor would be placed over the weekend so we could get our test results on the same day as the actual inspection. For some reason this didn't happen. The inspector placed the sensor on the day of the inspection, which meant that we didn't get our test results until two days later. This putus "down to the wire" for responding to the seller as part of the purchase agreement.
2. Our coupon from Angie's List wasn't applied properly at first.
3. I was quoted a higher price on the phone for a follow-up inspection than my Realtor was. (Shouldn't there be just one price?)
4. The follow-up inspection was scheduled for the wrong date. To her credit,
5. There was a glitch with the payment for the follow-up inspection.
As far as the actual inspection was concerned, things were just fine. The inspector arrived 40 minutes early and had already inspected several areas of the house when we arrived. I asked him to go back through the areas he had already inspected with me so I could ask questions. The report was completed quickly and emailed to us.
One thing to keep in mind is that not all of the inspectors on Structure
inspection companies as well). Some are associate members, which is a stepping stone to getting certified. To get certified, an inspector has to take a battery of tests and perform at least 250 inspections, some of which are audited.
Bottom line, my experience was very average.
ended up not buying the first one, in large part due to some problems found
in the inspection. We felt very good about having
inspection on the second home, which we ended up buying. Both times he
took us through the home and thoroughly explained all the features and
recommended repairs, and also answered all of our questions. He has been
very helpful in answering questions via email as they have come up since
then. He is very professional and knowledgeable, we highly recommend
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Home Inspectors in Minneapolis, MN
Saint Paul, MN
Saint Paul, MN
Saint Paul, MN
Shop Local Home Inspecting Services in Minneapolis
- Home InspectorsENVIRONMENTAL TESTING & RESEARCH LABORATORIES INCMember Price$333 $333VIEW
- Home InspectorsENVIRONMENTAL TESTING & RESEARCH LABORATORIES INCMember Price$303 $303VIEW
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Minneapolis.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center